Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2003 gmc envoy_slt
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just discovered TrailVoy.com and joined. Great site!

I searched all the forums on "rear seat" and scanned the titles on all 300 hits, but I didn't find anything. If this problem has already been posted and solved, my apologies, and please point me in the right direction.

My 2003 Envoy SLT's rear audio/climate module appears to have power. The buttons light up when I turn the key to Accessory in my dark garage. The power port appears to work - a mini-flashlight's little red power indicator lights up when I plug it in.

But none of the controls work. No matter how many times I push all the buttons, I can't get any air flow out of the vents or any sound out of headphones, and the audio display panel remains dark.

Is there a secret decoder ring setting to stop kids from messing with that rear module? Or any other hints to make it work?

Thanks in advance,
Peter

·
Banned
2004 gmc
26,181 Posts
The lamps and accessory outlet power come from different circuits. You could have a loose connector on the back of the module - have you pulled the module out and checked the back of it for power?

·
Registered
2003 gmc envoy_slt
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The lamps and accessory outlet power come from different circuits. You could have a loose connector on the back of the module - have you pulled the module out and checked the back of it for power?
Thanks for the quick advice. I looked inside the cupholder well, and there's a connector with lots of different-colored wires, maybe a dozen? It was hard to see. I'm guessing that's a control connector - I'd think a power connector wouldn't have so many wires. I jiggled it rather vigorously, but it didn't help.

I don't see how to "pull the module out" but it looks like I can remove the liner in the center armrest compartment. Is that how to access the back of that module? If not, how do I?

·
Banned
2004 gmc
26,181 Posts
I thought it just pried out from the outside. May be wrong....

The connectors are ALWAYS combined signal and power, with the power typically being orange or red.

·
Registered
2003 gmc envoy_slt
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I thought it just pried out from the outside. May be wrong....

The connectors are ALWAYS combined signal and power, with the power typically being orange or red.
Unless somebody here knows for certain that the rear seat audio/climate control module can be pried/popped out easily, I think I'll start by pulling out the armrest compartment liner first. I don't want to risk busting off a piece of the panel or scratching things up with a screwdriver.

Thanks for the tip on the combined signal/power connectors.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts