Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2006 chevy trailblazer_lt
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have had about 2 months now of using my Pioneer AVIC F90BT.

When i bought my 06 Trailblazer i loved the bass and general audio quality of the stock BOSE System (mine came with the 6 disc in dash), best audio quality out of a stock system i have ever owned... i however wanted Navigation, iPod Integration, etc, etc. so i figured putting an aftermarket radio in could only help things.

I am disquested by audio quality now. When i get bass it's muddy sounding, the volume hardly gets loud enough to hear with my windows down, etc.

Someone told me i'm having all these problems because of the 4V Preouts on the F90BT, and the GMOS-04 not liking that much power.... but i have tweaked EVERY setting i can think of, playing with the EQ, NOTHING gets me audio quality even close to the stock CD.

does anyone have an idea for a magic fix before i find someone to trade me an AVIC F90BT for a TNR BOSE NAV? I think it's ridiculous that for once i WANT to go back to something OEM.

tearing out the bose amp, speakers, everything for a good coaxial system is my other option but WHY!? i liked the sound of the aftermarket system.

·
Registered
65 Posts
IMO the gmos04 is the biggest pile of garbage. i mainly install on c6 corvettes and its nothing but problems in those cars. If you arent concerned about keeping your onstar get the peripheral gmco.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i'd like to hear any input people have on the better adaptor. so many people claim the GMOS-04 is trash... what are you all using....

your answer would be most valuable if your using a aftermarket unit with Hi-Volt Pre-Outs like i am...

Do the other units use the RCA Pre-outs of do they wire to the radio speaker out leads?

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
does this include adjusting the input of the gmos?
any lower and i can't hear music hardly at all, any higher and it gets so distorted that it sounds like im listening to a record thru a blown speaker.... pop pop hissssssssssss pop

really i'm kind of disenchanted with the whole thing right now. i wish i had just gotten an OEM Nav..... i've never experienced a situation where aftermarket headunits made audio WORSE. I miss my Crystal Clear Highs, and Lows... i had JUST had the dealership replace a tweeter and rear speaker on my GMPP warranty the day before i did this install i really hope nothing is blown as a result of this whole mess.

If someone doesnt give me some concrete advice i think i'm putting my 6-disc back in an going back to using my TomTom....put the AVIC into my Saturn with the Alpine Amp i have laying on my floor....i bet it will sound great in there.

·
Registered
2003 trailblazer_lt
9,856 Posts
If someone doesnt give me some concrete advice i think i'm putting my 6-disc back in an going back to using my TomTom....put the AVIC into my Saturn with the Alpine Amp i have laying on my floor....i bet it will sound great in there.
hopefully one of the guys more familiar with bose integration will chime in:cool:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.