Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2006 gmc envoy_denali
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have not had sound in my vehicle for a year. Just spent $7,500 on a re-manufactured engine and install. Fixing my GMC Envoy Denali up. Here's the deal:

I have the BOSE system. New aftermarket radio installed. The interface for the radio is a PAC-OS-2X. When some audio guys I hired could not get power from the databus they wired the aftermarket radio to turn on via the ignition. Everything now has power. The connector on the side of the PAC-OS-2x has "Amplified radio" connection or "Non-amplified radio" connection.

There is no audio when starting the vehicle.

When starting the car you can unplug the connection in either the amplified radio or non-amplified radio on the side of the PAC-OS-2X and plug it back in. This will give you audio for approximately 4 seconds and then auto shut off.

Solutions I have attempted:

1. Replaced rear speakers and tweeters.
2. Disconnected front door speakers (other speakers play for 4 seconds).
3. Checked amp fuse.
4. Replaced factory Bose Amp.
5. Pulled Onstar fuse.
6. Switched out the OS-2X for brand new one.

Does anyone have any idea what could be causing this 4 second thing? I have a hunch it's the amp or a connection going to it, but not sure. Ideas?

·
Registered
2002 gmc envoy_sle
5 Posts
I believe this is because your OS-2X does not retain the Bose amplifier functionality. This is the one I used when I installed my aftermarket radio. PAC-RP5-GM11. Check it out on Crutchfield or Amazon.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2006 gmc envoy_denali
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank for the reply. I bought a new RP5-GM11 today to test it and still have the same exact issue. Interface is good. Any other ideas very much appreciated.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts