Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner

21 - 24 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
2006 chevy trailblazer_lt
76 Posts
I too am dealing with this intermittent Bose system grounding out issue on my '06 Trailblazer. But, my issue, the grounding out whine is audible from the driver's rear speaker, not the passenger's rear speaker (that I am aware of.) The whine is subdued by turning the radio off when it wants to act up, however.

My ground whine issue only started when I had to replace my heat/ac blower motor. I had dropped everything out of the way to get to the blower motor and that area houses the satellite radio receiver box. I've gone over everything and also ensured the radio's antenna's male connection is not loose on the radio itself. But, can not find the cause of the ground fault.

This thread has given me something else to look at for resolve. I'll be replacing all of the carpet in the Spring, so that will be a good time to inspect all of the wiring harnesses and make repairs as necessary.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I found on my 06 Envoy, Mine is a 5 passenger short wheelbase Envoy. Under the right rear seat, the black cased wire with the Blue connector was pinched and the bare wire was grounding out. I taped the wire and tucked it back under the carpet and have not heard the whine. But, it has only been 3 days since I did this and the whine was a whine that was Not always there. But it always came on in less than 3 days any other time. Now, I'm not saying there aren't other wires pinched but for right now I have not investigated it any further. Hope this helps

·
Registered
2008 chevy trailblazer_ss_3ss
8 Posts
I’d recommend pulling out the rear passenger seat and pulling up the carpet a little to find the wiring harness running back to the Bose amp. My seat frame was pinching that harness (at least I think) so I moved that harness out of the stock clips and up away from where the seat frame sits.

I also accessed the Bose amp and grounded it to the body. If you don’t have Bose amp, I’m not sure what to do, but my problem hasn’t returned.

21 - 24 of 24 Posts