Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
2007 gmc envoy_slt
1 Posts
speaker buzz rear passenger

I had the same issue. However though, it would go away every time I hit the the back passenger seat with my hand. That made me suspect of a short somewhere in that area. I followed instructions in the threads to locate the speaker wiring running down the passenger side under the step plate and then to underneath the back passenger seat. I pulled the two wire harnesses out of the box that is under the seat and removed the electrical tape on both of bundles. After seeing the bundle of wires to the smaller harness my problem was evident. In that bundle there was 1 wire that had absolutely no shield casing on it; just bare wire going into the connector. I traced this wire back further and never found any casing as far back as I could go. I wrapped it up as far back as I could go and the issue has never come back. Check it out. If these harnesses were pumped out in production with this issue happening of that wire not getting any casing these harnesses could have been installed on a wide scale.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.