1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
2005 chevy trailblazer_lt
1,339 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, I had the rear speaker buzz.
I have a 2005 TB with the Bose system.

I thought - factory speakers are crap and crapping out so I put new speakers in. Not the problem.

Some said the rear entertainment controls affected theirs. I unplugged it and jumpered the wires in the plug so the speakers would work. Still had the buzz.

Others said they had an issue with wires wearing through under the console. Tore it out and couldn't find anything.
:mad:
So I take the back panel covering the amp off and cut the wires to the left rear speaker (the buzzing one) and wire a speaker up right at the amp. Still have the buzz.

So I now know the source of the problem is before the amp.

I pull the radio (aftermarket) and the rca's for the rear speakers go to the GMOS-04. I unplug the GMOS-04 and plug some rca cables in, run them back to the amp. Cut the amps rear speaker 'in' wires, solder some rca jacks on and plug the rca cables in. (thus eliminating all the factory wiring for the rear speakers)

No more buzz.:thumbsup:

If you're a do it yourselfer and need help with wire colors - ask.
You could also do this with a stock radio - just have to add some rca jacks in the front too.

·
Registered
2006 saab 9_7x
15 Posts
I am having this same issue in my '06 Saab 97x. I'm also getting a really annoying buzz when the rear auto leveling suspension kicks on. Not to mention whenever my iPhone is doing anything, you can hear that as well. I have the stock Bose system. I read something on consumer guide auto about installing a ground loop isolator. Will this also fix this or is soldering in the rca's the only solution?

·
Registered
2005 chevy trailblazer_lt
1,339 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I am having this same issue in my '06 Saab 97x. I'm also getting a really annoying buzz when the rear auto leveling suspension kicks on. Not to mention whenever my iPhone is doing anything, you can hear that as well. I have the stock Bose system. I read something on consumer guide auto about installing a ground loop isolator. Will this also fix this or is soldering in the rca's the only solution?
The buzzing from your air suspension is probably the same as I was getting when a window was run. I didn't realize it till when Andrew and I were looking at it and he ran the window and the speaker went vvvrrrrreeeeeeeet!

If you only have the factory system, something went awry. Maybe a ground loop isolator will hide it (not sure, and not sure where they say to put it) but it won't fix it.
Also if your set-up is stock you may not want to do what I did. You will lose the rear audio controls. I already lost them when I put an aftermarket deck in so that wasn't an issue for me.

I mentioned what others have tried, but didn't work for me.

·
Registered
2006 saab 9_7x
15 Posts
Well it's going in to have the pop-out cup-holder replaced (just got the car on Monday) so I'll have the dealer look at it.

·
Registered
2007 gmc envoy_slt
1 Posts
speaker buzz rear passenger

I had the same issue. However though, it would go away every time I hit the the back passenger seat with my hand. That made me suspect of a short somewhere in that area. I followed instructions in the threads to locate the speaker wiring running down the passenger side under the step plate and then to underneath the back passenger seat. I pulled the two wire harnesses out of the box that is under the seat and removed the electrical tape on both of bundles. After seeing the bundle of wires to the smaller harness my problem was evident. In that bundle there was 1 wire that had absolutely no shield casing on it; just bare wire going into the connector. I traced this wire back further and never found any casing as far back as I could go. I wrapped it up as far back as I could go and the issue has never come back. Check it out. If these harnesses were pumped out in production with this issue happening of that wire not getting any casing these harnesses could have been installed on a wide scale.

·
Registered
2008 chevy trailblazer_lt
7 Posts
I had this issue

I thought I fixed it when I gave the bose amp a better ground but it didn't work.:duh: I ended up getting a piece of 22 awg wire and stuck it in the ground location of the harness connected to the radio and it has worked ever since. I put the wire in through the front of the harness so it would make a tight connection between the harness and the radio and I can honestly tell you it worked.:thumbsup: The best way to tell if it worked is put the radio on xm, go to radio id which is channel 0 and turn it up all the way. If you don't have xm, try the cd player paused. It should sound pretty clear, atleast no alt whine and funny humming noise when the doors close. I can keep the stock bose.

·
Registered
2008 saab 9_7x
7 Posts
Pinched wire at rt. rear seat mounting bolt?

http://www.archivedsites.com/techlink/2006/02/whine-noise-from-speakers.html

GM TechLink:
Some owners of a 2006 Buick Rainier, Chevrolet TrailBlazer, GMC Envoy or Saab 9-7x may comment about a generator whine noise heard from the vehicle's speakers. This will be noticed with the radio on or off, engine running.

This applies to short wheelbase vehicles equipped with UQA Bose Amplifier only. The amplifier on the short wheel base is located in the right rear quarter panel behind the trim. The harness is routed along the right side and follows the contour of the floor close to the sill plates. If the harness is not kept tight where the second row seat fastens to the floor, the harness may be pinched or trapped under the front corner of the second row seat frame or bolt.

Open the passenger rear door and remove the sill plate. Locate the harness that travels along this sill plate area and follow to the second row seat frame outer mounting bolt. If you suspect that the harness is pinched, remove the second row seat and remove the trapped harness. Repair any damaged wires and secure the harness to prevent damage in the future.

·
Registered
2008 chevy trailblazer_ss_3ss
8 Posts
I thought I fixed it when I gave the bose amp a better ground but it didn't work.:duh: I ended up getting a piece of 22 awg wire and stuck it in the ground location of the harness connected to the radio and it has worked ever since. I put the wire in through the front of the harness so it would make a tight connection between the harness and the radio and I can honestly tell you it worked.:thumbsup: The best way to tell if it worked is put the radio on xm, go to radio id which is channel 0 and turn it up all the way. If you don't have xm, try the cd player paused. It should sound pretty clear, atleast no alt whine and funny humming noise when the doors close. I can keep the stock bose.

An old post, I know, but can you explain this a little more please? I have the seat out and the wiring exposed. Which plug did you tap into?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Actually now I found the amp. Did you add a ground back here and if so, which one? Did you ground the case of the amp?
IMG_4169.JPG

·
Registered
2007 gmc envoy_denali
113 Posts
Had the same issue with rear pass side speaker factory bose system, worth a shot it worked for me pulled rear radio controls disconnected harness put a lot dielectric grease in it and put it back together nothing for 2 years now my friend who is a GMC tech advised me of it. If that didn't work ground the amp he said.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Had the same issue with rear pass side speaker factory bose system, worth a shot it worked for me pulled rear radio controls disconnected harness put a lot dielectric grease in it and put it back together nothing for 2 years now my friend who is a GMC tech advised me of it. If that didn't work ground the amp he said.
Did your friend mention grounding the case of the amp or adding to the existing ground wire?

·
Registered
2007 gmc envoy_denali
113 Posts
Yes I got that part. What I didn’t know was the method. Did he add a ground to the case or another to the wiring harness?
He said to do the wire harness to the amp separate and do the case for the hell of it. Again the grease solved my problem to radio controls so I did not investigate any further. I hope it works out.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Can someone repost the wiring diagrams again? For some reason the amp one is blurred out for me.

·
Registered
8 Posts
So the diagrams finally worked for me agin. In case anyone else has this problem, what I did was added a ground inside the connector to the Bose amp ground and grounded the case as well. I also took the rear passenger side seat out and moved the harness for the Bose up up the wall a bit and off the floor. Seems to be working well right now.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts