Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
2006 Buick Rainier CXL , 2004 GMC Envoy SLT - crushed (by a tree and not me)
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I will not go into all the details but suffice it to say my very nice 2004 GMC Envoy SLT 4wd 4.2l with the Bose/XM radio was totaled by a tree. I did not hit it the tree, the tree found my truck in a recent storm. So I found a decent replacement in good condition not idea vehicle, but close to what I had, and do to financial difficulties, damage caused tree and especially a need for replacement vehicle I am not getting exactly what I want but close. Will miss the heated seats and moon/roof.

So my questions are (and I think I know part of the answer), I am going to purchase a 2006 Buick Rainier CXL AWD 4.2l (wish it had the selectable 4wd/awd like the Envoy) and am keeping my Envoy for tires and parts, then will part out some and probably junk the rest for scrap.

But my first question involves the radio

1. Can I used the Bose radio in the Buick I am getting, from what I read even if I have the complete system, head unit, amp, speakers, etc I cannot?? As even between model years they often do not fit correct? I know the dealer has to do something as well when the radios are moved between vehicles as well? I even had the isimple IGSM 655 which worked pretty well with my system which I was able to use because I had the XM statelite radio. It was great because it added bluetooth, handsfree/speaker phone, USB and Aux input to the factory Bose setup. Would love to have that functionality back in new truck.

2. If I cannot use the Bose system from my GMC I guess I will try to sell it, but what would be the best adapter to use to get a new unit to work with the steering controls of the truck (2006)? Probably will go with a Double Din touch screen if I can find one I like cheap enough with adapter to make it work with steering controls. Any recommendations?

Thanks in advance for any help/input.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts