Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
522 Posts
That's another reason why I can't wait for Borla's catback for our SUV's. I don't know how they work their magic, but they seem to be able to produce some of the most unique exhaust notes.

·
Banned
6,583 Posts

·
Registered
156 Posts
:drool :crazy: That sounds just plain Awesome!
Man, could you Imagine what that would sound like with SW LT headers and possibly a cam also!!!

Nice sound! thanks.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks for the compliments guys. Im very happy with the way it turned out. I LOVE the Borla sound...best out there in my opinion. A thanks to Saladbar too who helped with the choice after I heard sound clips from his car. If anyone would like more information on it..feel free to ask..i've had several people arleady inquiring about it.

Blktbon20..I used a a Logitech microphone that I purchased for $9.00 at Walmart. It is not as sensitive as many of the other ones, so you can get it fairly close without distortion.

I now that a cam will NOT be going in, however I cant say that same for headers..hehe. Im still waiting for several other companies to come out with sets so that I can select the best set. I can only imagine what it will sound like then :undecided

·
Registered
6 Posts
TBCOPPER, sounds great:yes: . Based on the Corsa catback flow ratings, I would expect gains to be minimal with the Corsa. Big bucks!!. A muffler change is all I am looking for. You do not have anything else installed? just the muffler? Can you provide more specs? Which model did you installed, offset/centered, offset/offset. tip?

thanks,
gonzalezmbox

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Gonzo..the only mods I have are a tune, filer (not CAI) and the muffler. The muffler i got was the Borla Pro XS 3in (17in) Off/Cent. The part number i got was #40359. Its a direct replacement. Only thing you have to add with it is an extra 3in pipe to make up for the difference in length between this and the huge stock muffler. I kept the stock tip and resonator in place. Didnt touch them If your looking for a swap...DO IT. You wont be dissapointed.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Thanks for the info. This is my commuting vehicle so I do not want to get too loud in traffic. How much louder from stock when not drinving like a maniac? :eek:

·
Registered
336 Posts
Wow...that sounds insane....awesome sound...When all was said and done...how much did it cost you, where did you order it from, and who put it on your truck for you? I want an exhaust badly for my SS but I am not sure if I want magnaflow, flowmaster, or borla. But your borla exhaust sounds really, really sick! If you could get back to me that would be appreciated. Thanks!

:cool:

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Gonzo..the first days I had it..it was louder than stock, but not overbearring. Now, after driving several days with it...it sounds just a little louder than stock while driving normally. I got on it tongiht on the way home from work...sounded AWESOME...people walking on the sidewalk turned to look at what it was:D

Hey Ashley...I got the muffler off of EBAY on a but it now for $99 shipped. I got it installed at a local muffler shop that I found in the phone book for $30 installed including the extra 3in pipe. So $125-130 out the door. Not a bad price in my book. Considering people are paying 4-500 for a SW system..I think the Borla sounds much better and saved several hundered $$. Just my 2cents.

·
Registered
2007 chevy
2 Posts
First things first...........

Just found this websites tonite, AWESOME. I picked up my TBSS last week, over a jeep. Loving every minute. I just decided the first thing to do was change to a Borla muffler and K&N air filter.

Thanks,
jeff

·
Registered
2006 chevy trailblazer_ss_3ss
26 Posts
I don't mean to rain on anybody's parade, as I love a good non-stock exhaust myself, but that sounds like the UPS truck that comes by our work. My taste is obviously different, but that's got a higher pitched raspiness than I would care for on my truck.

·
Registered
156 Posts
Wow, you kept the stock resonator in? Wonder how it sounded without the resonator, As it may be to loud for an every day driver.

I have also heard of some people just removing the resonator and the pipe from muffler out with a 3 inch and loved the sound! Wish i could hear that...

Copper, Maybe you could somehow set up the camera and do a drive by? Anyways Still sounds Great!

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Bama...I can respect your opinion that you might not care for the exhaust sound..not everyone likes the Borla sound.

MJ... I was surprised that it sounded as good as it did with the resonator in place. Maybe someone can do mt setup and take the resonator off and let us know :undecided

As far as drive-by clips, I dont have a clot of isolated clear roads around where I live, but I might be able to think something up. I will try and get some under load to show you how it sounds on the road.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts