Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2004 chevy trailblazer_lt
143 Posts
sounds like my magnaflow... I dont know if you saw the video but its a few topics down from yours...amazingly they sound very similiar and both are great exhaust upgrade as long as ya don't mind paying a few bucks more for them.

·
Registered
2005 chevy trailblazer_ls
62 Posts
If you dont mind me asking how much did you pay for that setup, and do you know sites that sell it

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
If you dont mind me asking how much did you pay for that setup, and do you know sites that sell it
Yea I got it on ebay from a guy about 3 years ago. It cost me about $850 for the kit. It took myself and a friend about 3 hours to put on. It was our first so it could probably be done faster.

·
Registered
2004 chevy trailblazer_lt
997 Posts
It actually sounds pretty understated. How would you rate the sound in comparison to stock while at steady speed?

I had a Magnaflow on my S-10 Blazer but eventually decided I am getting too old for the constant thrumming and drone. I would love to get something that was just a bit better breathing and sounded a bit throatier on acceleration, but was dead quiet at cruise - in other words, something my wife would have NO idea I spent the money on, if you know what I mean.

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
It actually sounds pretty understated. How would you rate the sound in comparison to stock while at steady speed?

I had a Magnaflow on my S-10 Blazer but eventually decided I am getting too old for the constant thrumming and drone. I would love to get something that was just a bit better breathing and sounded a bit throatier on acceleration, but was dead quiet at cruise - in other words, something my wife would have NO idea I spent the money on, if you know what I mean.

If you are coasting there is no noise from the exhaust. In the video that is from a cold start. As it warms up and rpms go down its gets quiet.

This exhaust only gives sound when you accelerate. Other that than its quiet.

On the highway doing about 2k rpms if you can barely notice it.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts