Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2009 SS with a bad bogging problem. Everytime I take off from a dead stop I hit the gas and nothing happens for about a quick three count. Then it takes off but takes a while before it really takes off good. It is sort of dangerous when you are trying to pull out into traffic you decide to go hit the gas and nothing happens, panic sets in. I have never had a car do this except for years ago with a big block and a big Holley. Any ideas would be appreciated. Any other fuel injected car I have had always took off with no problems in fact most cars were almost to quick to respond. So I am stumped on whats going on with this new SS. Help Dan

·
Registered
2002 chevy trailblazer_ls
970 Posts
I have a 2009 SS with a bad bogging problem. Everytime I take off from a dead stop I hit the gas and nothing happens for about a quick three count. Then it takes off but takes a while before it really takes off good. It is sort of dangerous when you are trying to pull out into traffic you decide to go hit the gas and nothing happens, panic sets in. I have never had a car do this except for years ago with a big block and a big Holley. Any ideas would be appreciated. Any other fuel injected car I have had always took off with no problems in fact most cars were almost to quick to respond. So I am stumped on whats going on with this new SS. Help Dan
umm id move this to the SS forums,and ask them.

im sure its a mechanical problem or something.

·
Registered
2004 chevy trailblazer_ls
1,483 Posts
I'm guessing it's brand new, and under warranty... Take it to the dealer. I couldn't imagine the throttle body being dirty, as that could be the culprit for hesitation issues.

Just a thought...Are you using 91 octane fuel as recommended in the manual?

·
Banned
2003 gmc envoy_slt
7,190 Posts
:tiphat Welcome :tiphat .Has it bogged like that ever since you bought it? Or is it something new? Were you looking under the hood and maybe dislodged a vacuum hose? Are you getting any CEL's? Sounds like a trip to the dealer may be in your future.:m2:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts