Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4,126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I really want a body lift to help clear my tires, but am concerned with my front and rear brush guards being frame mounted and not looking right with the body lift. Has anyone else done this? Do i just have to ditch the guards, or fab brackets or has anyone done it and have a pic of what it will look like with the body lift and brushguards left in place?

·
Registered
2005 chevy trailblazer_lt
2,636 Posts
I really want a body lift to help clear my tires, but am concerned with my front and rear brush guards being frame mounted and not looking right with the body lift. Has anyone else done this? Do i just have to ditch the guards, or fab brackets or has anyone done it and have a pic of what it will look like with the body lift and brushguards left in place?
You would have to fab up new brackets for the front. Since the guards mount to the radiator mounts, they would not move with the body, and if you have a Waag, your bumper holes will no longer line up.

Your rear may still work... the rear bumper relocation brackets may be positioned in a way for the rear to still attach at the same points. You'd have to take a look at someone else that has done the body lift with the rear bumper relocation brackets installed.

·
Registered
2004 chevy trailblazer_ls
1 Posts
body lift/brush gaurd

I really want to get a black brush gaurd for my 04 trailblazer, but i have a 2" body lift and suspension lift. i was wondering if i can order one for body lift application or will i have to fab up new brackets? anybody have any info?

·
Registered
2004 chevy trailblazer_lt
1,105 Posts
lovinthemchevys Look Up! Right above you!! It's a bird.....it's a plane.....it's......its......the answer you were looking for!!! :bonk: :raspberry

I really want to get a black brush gaurd for my 04 trailblazer, but i have a 2" body lift and suspension lift. i was wondering if i can order one for body lift application or will i have to fab up new brackets? anybody have any info?
You would have to fab up new brackets for the front. Since the guards mount to the radiator mounts, they would not move with the body, and if you have a Waag, your bumper holes will no longer line up.
Sorry....working nights has taken it's toll on my mind.....but James was nice enough to answer this question in the post just before yours....

And I was also wondering about this, but I know a body lift for me is not in the near future.....:(

1 - 7 of 7 Posts