Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2002 gmc envoy_slt
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey eveyone, this is my first time posting but I've been reading it for a while now and from the looks of it, it looks like I have a bcm problem just dont know which one, my symptoms are (while driving my gauges die, switches from driver 1 to 2, mirrors change, headlights start flashing, seat switches, pretty much everything switches controls but my rear wiper still works and I found out how to fix it while Im driving or parked, I have to open and shut the door sometimes once sometimes 4 times please help.

·
Banned
2004 gmc
26,181 Posts
I would bet a LOT more that it's flaky wiring or a ground, rather than a dead module.

Do you have a meter and know how to use it? Check the BCM voltage at the rear fuse block. Reseat the bolts holding down the megafuse. Check the grounds at the fender edge where the battery and engine tie in.

The rear wiper is run by the liftgate module, not the BCM, so that's a good sign.

Have you reseated the connectors for the BCM to make sure they're not oxidized?

Slamming the door is a hint that it may be something that can be physically jostled, and a real BCM death would not be intermittent like this, since it's an electronic module.

Possibly it's other modules jabbering on the data bus, but that's more difficult to troubleshoot.

·
Registered
2002 gmc envoy_slt
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I have not really looked or done anyting to it yet, I kind of wanted to get some what of an answer first, but I was told that it could be a ground issue and that is not what I wanted to hear because I didnt know where to start with all of the grounds on that thing and Iforgot to add that I have had the bcm reprogramed by the dealer free of charge because it happened after I bought it but it still did it.

·
Registered
2004 gmc envoy_slt_xl
3 Posts
Paul

My first post too.

Having the BCM reprogrammed won't do any good if it's failing. Roadie probably knows a bit more than me, but here's my story.

My '04 Envoy XL was intermittently experiencing many of the symptoms you described. My mechanic (non-dealer) checked codes and narrowed down to BCM or one of the A/C control modules.

I waited and prepared myself to pay for the BCM and programming (only GM can do it supposedly). I was pleased to find that the BCM is warranted for 80K miles. They replaced the BCM and programmed it and so far all seems well. That's been about 1K miles and 2.5 months back.

You may have to try and make a friend at the dealership to get them to go ahead and replace it under warranty (if you're under 80K).

Good luck.

·
Registered
2005 gmc envoy_slt
6 Posts
I need your help in this matter.
Two months ago I bought a 05 Envoy SLT that holds VIN 1GKDS13S52266619 fitted with an aftermarket radio that has a tag saying "Majour Components" and Cyber CY-CDVD-8400, many systems do not operate like alarm and seat memory. I took it to a dealer in Amman, the problem that the car is showing a different VIN on the Tech II scanner, VIN 1GKDS13S152147278 is displayed.
This VIN belongs to an SLE that does not have seat memory and headlight washers.
I followed the wiring from the washer switch to the BCM and it was Ok, out of the BCM to the washer relay and it was ok. I think that the BCM software does not recognize the washer and seat memory so they do not work.
The tried flashing the original VIN info to the BCM he got a programming failure message, he retried and same message came.
Any tips that will help me restore the original VIN to the car.
Thanks for all the help.

·
Banned
2004 gmc
26,181 Posts
If a dealer can't do it with the proper Tech II scan tool, there is no trick an Internet forum can suggest to do it.

If it's worth it to you, buy a new BCM and get the dealer to program that one.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.