Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
2005 chevy trailblazer_ls
331 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I got these leds off of ebay for $20 shipped for 10 of the 194. Also a little trick i learned to help remove the front ones which were a P.I.A. i wrapped them in duct tape and pulled they came out quite easily. They are pretty bright a lot brighter than i expected for the price. They have five leds one firing in each direction.

Attachments

·
Registered
2003 chevy trailblazer_ls
2,968 Posts
i don't see the pics......but i'm sure it looks good....i have blue in mine

·
Registered
2004 chevy trailblazer_ls_ext
314 Posts
i have an EXT with the factory flip down dvd. I know it probably aint that hard to find out. But how many LEDs would i need to order to change them out including the ones in the flip down.

·
Registered
2003 chevy trailblazer_ltz
139 Posts
looks good... I went with the White LED's ... I did learn one thing while installing them and that is what fuse controls the lights :) I swear I must have put them all in backwards.. I did have one start to flicker on me but it was a cheap-o off ebay and its been replaced.

·
Registered
2004 chevy trailblazer_ls_ext
1,061 Posts
im thinking about doing this. Is there 2 194 bulbs per light fixture?

·
Registered
2006 chevy trailblazer_lt
211 Posts
thats sweet i have some white in mine but not fully done i have been meaning to finish it.

i like the leds better they look better

·
Registered
293 Posts
I havent messed with it yet but how do you get that plastic cover off?

I was thinking just pry one side with a screwdriver or something like that.

·
Registered
713 Posts
hey mental, i just did these yesterday, which ones are you talking about? the click lenses in the front? pm me if you need to, i know i did a lot of looking on here to see exactly how they SHOULD be taken down, but didnt find much.

not to hijack the thread, so I must add: this is a great mod, blue looks nice. well done!

·
Registered
293 Posts
hey mental, i just did these yesterday, which ones are you talking about? the click lenses in the front? pm me if you need to, i know i did a lot of looking on here to see exactly how they SHOULD be taken down, but didnt find much.

not to hijack the thread, so I must add: this is a great mod, blue looks nice. well done!
Yea the clickers in the front is my concern, I figure the back ones just pop off.

·
Registered
713 Posts
consider the clickers in terms of a pivot point, and the part you push to turn on. at that pivot point, there is just a curved U shaped clip holding them in place on both sides of the lens. i used an ultra small screwdriver i use for register repairs to sneak in there, but i'm willing to bet any good butter knife will even do the trick.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Ok so ive seen a few topics like this and this looks like something i really want to do. So do i just replace the bulbs or is it more complicated then that? I'm assuming that it is...

·
Western Canada Chapter
6,411 Posts
Really simple swap out. Make sure you order the right combo for your truck as the newer ones have a different set-up. Your '04 should be the same as my '03. :undecided

·
Registered
2008 chevy trailblazer_lt
4 Posts
I just put in 4 - 194 and a 212 white led in my 08 tb. They look nice, just kinda wish they were a little brighter. I went to install the last bulb and blew a fuse. Got to love how the fuse diagram and owners manual doesn't tell you exactly what fuse does the dome lights, but all good now.

·
Registered
2006 gmc envoy_sle
7 Posts
so why are the fuses blowing on install? and what fuse is what? Im about to replace my int lights with leds so it would be nice to know what and what not to do so i don't blow a fuse or if i do know which one to change..

thanks

·
Registered
2006 chevy trailblazer_ls
449 Posts
so why are the fuses blowing on install? and what fuse is what? Im about to replace my int lights with leds so it would be nice to know what and what not to do so i don't blow a fuse or if i do know which one to change..

thanks
Fuses seem to blow for 2 reasons.

1. You have a bad LED.

2. You swapped out the bulbs while the light was on/powered.

Otherwise, its a simple swap. Jetttstream has interior LED kits w/
all the bulbs you'll need. He's also great to work with. Awesome vendor here.

·
Registered
2008 chevy trailblazer_lt
4 Posts

thanks
Make sure you don't have any of the lights turned on when changing them out. I believe for me it was tcb3 and tcb4 (or was it tbc3 & tbc4 i forget), but you will know it when you see it. After changing the fuses, everything has been fine with the lights.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts