Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Banned
2003 chevy trailblazer_ls
522 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
First Coat of caliper paint

The first coat of blue caliper paint, The brush on from dupicolor. Seems to be going good. Paint is thiner than I thought it would be.

Attachments

·
Registered
2008 chevy
9 Posts
that's really bright, maybe it is your flash... I use the G2 blue and it is good stuff too. It looks like it laid on very well... was it a smooth process? Good work!

·
Registered
2006 chevy trailblazer_lt
713 Posts
i like how that darkened up, how well does it match your truck? i was thinking of geting blue or black to do the same... then thought a dark orange would be wild... but duplicolor only has the 4 or 5 colors :sadcry:

well done!

·
Banned
522 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
i like how that darkened up, how well does it match your truck? i was thinking of geting blue or black to do the same... then thought a dark orange would be wild... but duplicolor only has the 4 or 5 colors :sadcry:

well done!

Hard to tell what the match is like in the florescent garage. I think it is a little lighter than the indigo blue. and of course no matalic finish. but I like it. I wanted to go with something kind of subtle, not blazen red. plus it seems like everyone does red.

·
Registered
2004 chevy trailblazer_ls_ext
1,061 Posts
i usually use the XO Rust paint. its a good thick paint.

·
Premium Member
2007 chevy trailblazer_ls
1,422 Posts
:thumbsup: Looks good. How many coats you gonna put on? You wanna come over and paint mine? ;) Just kidding but are you gonna put on some cross-drilled or slotted rotors?

·
Premium Member
2007 chevy trailblazer_ls
1,422 Posts
:cool: Lookin good! You are right about the red.

·
Registered
2007 chevy
130 Posts
my blue calipers

Here is my blue calipers. I went with Duplicolor's blue metalcast after I first sanded and polished the calipers. It goes on without a primer. Also did the tops of the lugs. My TBSS is the 07 Imperial blue so i wanted something different than everyone else too.

shal;726682]The first coat of blue caliper paint, The brush on from dupicolor. Seems to be going good. Paint is thiner than I thought it would be.[/QUOTE]

Attachments

·
Registered
2007 chevy
130 Posts
calipers

Here is my blue calipers. I went with Duplicolor's blue metalcast after I first sanded and polished the calipers. It goes on without a primer. Also did the tops of the lugs. My TBSS is the 07 Imperial blue so i wanted something different than everyone else too.

I forgot to add that since I went with crossdrilled rotors I pulled the brackets off and painted them gold to go with the blue calipers.

·
Banned
522 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
:thumbsup: Looks good. How many coats you gonna put on? You wanna come over and paint mine? ;) Just kidding but are you gonna put on some cross-drilled or slotted rotors?

I put 3 coats on. I could come over, but I work real real slooow. paint a little then beer and a smoke....stand back look at the tb and get ideas. then back to painting.

Anyway on the rotors, I would like to get some, just dont know what to get. I read some guys got drilled rotors " not to rust" but they rusted.

BucNasty has the setup I was going to get but then I saw the price.......had to go get some Tums and take a nitro pill...lay down for awhile.

·
Registered
2002 chevy trailblazer_ls
2,461 Posts

shal;726682]The first coat of blue caliper paint, The brush on from dupicolor. Seems to be going good. Paint is thiner than I thought it would be.
[/QUOTE]

Seems like yours have more of a glossy look to them, are they? Also, how much did the stuff cost.

·
Registered
2007 chevy
130 Posts
calipers

Seems like yours have more of a glossy look to them, are they? Also, how much did the stuff cost.[/QUOTE]

Mine are painted with spray can of Metalcast by Duplicolor. They look glossy because the calipers were extensively sanded with a 4" angle grinder and then polished with an air diegrinder with buffing pads in 3 steps (black rouge, red rouge and then white for the final) before the paint when on. The look is translucent. It took about 1 hour per wheel but as you can tell it was well worth it. I think the can cost right at about $4 and change.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts