Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2004 gmc envoy_sle
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok so yetserday my battery on my 04 envoy died. So I tried to charge it hoping it would crank so I could go buy a new one no such luck. This morning I took it off took it to work with me and bought a new one at lunch, came home installed it and she lives. Well heres the deal the ac comes out the floor vents now on all settings but the defrost one, it still works. No position will it come out the dash vents. Any clues? I live in Texas and its way hot to have the air blowing on your feet only.

·
Registered
2004 chevy trailblazer_lt
68 Posts
I had the same thing happen to me and my 2004. I disconneced the battery terminals to change out my PCM (PCMforless). No air out of dash vents. I ended up replacing vent damper motor (about $70.00 part cost). That was back in April and orig battery was still going good. But the battery let me down easy Sunday morning. After sitting overnight it reach down deep on the third try and started. So now there is a new Sears Die Hard in there.
There are serveral post about pulling a certain fuse in the rear box and see if it resets. That didn't work for me. Good luck and use the search button.
DAG

P.S. PCMforless is the best!

·
Banned
2003 gmc envoy_slt
7,190 Posts
Try this: Turn everything OFF (radio, heater, etc.) Disconnect the battery for a good 20 minutes. Reconnect the battery. Turn the key to the RUN position but, DO NOT START the engine. Let the key in the RUN position for at least 90 seconds. This should reset everything. Start the engine turn on the A/C and see if the vents can be set to the different settings. If that doesn't work you'll need to search or some one else may have an idea.:m2:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts