Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2005 chevy trailblazer_ls_ext
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys. New to the forum. This may be out there somewhere however...
2005 Trailblazer EXT LT - Auto air, 4.2 V6

I had to replace the blower motor resistor as it went out and blower would not turn off and blower was blowing full speed. Got it changed with little problem. HOWEVER now something is draining the battery over night/during the day. If I pull the connector out of the blower motor from the resistor it will not drain the battery. Is it a bad resistor, bad motor, bad harness or something else. Please help tired of sinking money into this car.

·
Registered
2004 gmc envoy_slt
2,503 Posts
First of all, do you have the digital HVAC control or the manual with the sliders?

If you have the digital, it does not take the resistor module, it take a blower motor control module.

With the new module in place, does the blower perform properly and shut off when selected?

·
Registered
2005 chevy trailblazer_ls_ext
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have the digital control or auto air. With the new module everything works as it should. Full control over fan speed and turning off and on. Blower works as before. But something drains battery over night unless I unplug the harness going to the blower motor.

·
Registered
2004 chevy trailblazer_ls_ext
3 Posts
Trailblazer 2004 ext

I replaced the resistor since it had shorted then it wont turn off even when pulling the key out people suggest i purchase the blower motor since that might be the reason i fried 2 resistors and i am as well as the connector that melted but now there is a humming coming from up passed the blower motor under the dash feels like the recirculating vent is jammed ticking and i already disconnected the resistor the motor and with the key out and alarm on i dont know what else to buy any suggestions by the way its the manual settings not the digital one all i am planning is putting a kill switch to the battery by the cup holder to kill the battery when i get off the vehicle

·
Registered
2004 gmc envoy_slt
2,503 Posts
You probably have a bad recirculator actuator. It is one of the most difficult actuators to get access to, since it is mounted high on the HVAC box.

·
Registered
2004 chevy trailblazer_ls_ext
3 Posts
i snipped the wires that come from the actuator behind the glove box and like i said even when its off the actuator ticks so snipped the green wire nothing and then the brown one made the actuator stop finally!!! so for the mean time im driving without that and yes it seems to be the toughest behind the vent box up high closer to the top of the dashboard now same category different subject my blower motor resistor the original had speed 123 work fine bought a new one worked great 1 through 5 but after a few weeks when i turn the key off the vents still blow i have to turn them all to 0 to shut off now i thought it was the resistor so called the manufacturer told em i had a bad resistor so they resend another one but i tried now all 3 the original which only works 1-3 the second one which thought had the issue and the new one and none of them will shut off when i turn the key off? the blower motor did fry the connector of the first resistor so i am buying a new blower motor and connector but just wondering were else to look? or what else to spend on part wise..

1 - 6 of 6 Posts