Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2007 chevy trailblazer_lt
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok -- so i've been digging through google and the forums and everything I can find states that the 3prong pack is for ATC and the 7prong pack is for manual HVAC controls.

3prong - http://imgur.com/OjRTP

7prong - http://imgur.com/WI6rO

However, autozone, oreilies, and Chevy itself tell me the 7prong is the correct part. Chevy told me the old part was deprecated and the new needed to be spliced in -- First, am I being fed a load of bull? Second, if this is the case can anyone help point me to a wiring guide or discussion on this -- i'm probably blind or failing at google if this is the case so thanks/sorry in advance.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
-solved-

NVM -- It looks like both are mostly/partially correct -- The new pack I have now has a 7prong plug + 2prong pigtail -- The part I "need" ACDelco 15-81728 appears to have a 5prong plug with the pigtail coming out of it -- just ordered one next day shipping (yay it's saturday :/)

Guess it's time for the pool :rolleyes:

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Confirmed - Fixed

Just in case anyone finds themselves on this forum post -- ACDelco 15-81728 is the CORRECT part needed for my '07 TB w/ ATC (4x4 5.3L).

It will have a new 5pin harness where the pigtail for the blower motor itself comes out of it vs. being a separate piece like in the older 3prong resistor.

Word of advice too -- BE CAREFUL screwing in the new resistor, it screws into two plastic nubs. The molding process on my TB was poor and one of these nubs broke off from nothing more than the twisting of the screw inside it. I'm going to have to use a very small drywall anchor and some caulking to seal it up now.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.