Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2004 chevy trailblazer_lt_ext
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi my name is Amber i have an 04 Chevy trailblazer ext. It has 92,000 Miles i only have number five in my blower motor, 1,2,3,4 do not work i need some help also on my dual climate control the driver side works but the passenger side will do nothing as far as temp control.

·
Registered
8,781 Posts
blower pack resistor

check the sticky above on how to replace it.. takes 15 minutes at most

also the other issue is most likely the mode door actuator

there is also a sticky above on how to replace (although its more time consuming)

·
Banned
2004 gmc
26,181 Posts
... i only have number five in my blower motor, 1,2,3,4 do not work
Definitely the resistor pack. Common failure. Up under the glove box above the passenger's feet.
... the driver side works but the passenger side will do nothing as far as temp control.
That's a temp actuator. See drawing for the location. You might also try the reset procedure, which is to pull fuse #36 in the REAR fuse block for 30 seconds, then put it back in, turn the ignition to RUN but DO NOT start the car for 90 seconds. The HVAC system will go through all possible actuator positions and sometimes they recalibrate OK and you're good to go. Other times the actuator is really bad and then it's a few $$, depending on if you're a DIY person or not.

also the other issue is most likely the mode door actuator
Don't listen to this guy. He guesses a lot and it takes half my time to run around and correct his posts. Except he'll probably edit this one to make it right after the fact. It's the passenger TEMP actuator. :raspberry

·
Registered
2009 chevy
6,431 Posts
Amber, the guys posting before me are probably correct, the resistor assembly is a very common fault.

But, before buying one, check fuse #44 in the rear seat fuse panel.

Positions 1 through 4 use fuse #44, position #5 uses a different fuse.

·
Registered
2009 chevy
6,431 Posts
Hmmmmm. Look a bit closer, Ray. Position 5 uses a different fuse for the direct power path, but the COIL of the relay for the high speed position still comes by way of fuse #44. If it was dead, all five speeds would be lost. :duh:
:bonk::bonk::bonk::bonk::bonk: Bill, you are correct :hail::hail::hail:.
I should have looked at the drawing, can't (shouldn't) trust an old memory :duh::duh:

·
Registered
2004 chevy trailblazer_lt_ext
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Thanks!!!!

I her boyfriend actually wrote it cause she wouldnt stop perterting me about it so i showed her the forum i am on here more than herei have a custom shop rims, body kits, car audio etc, i appreciiate the help guys thanks my name is Derek.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts