Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2005 chevy trailblazer_lt_ext
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi TB Gurus,
I've been looking over the forum, here, there and everywhere and can't find what I'm looking for.
I suspect my blower motor is failing, causing extra draw, causing resistor to fail. Wires are discolored but not melted (yet). I've got a 2005 TB EXT, LS with dual temp climate control (the expensive resistor). I want to know what the specs for current draw at the different speed settings. I know I have to replace the resistor, but I don't want to buy a motor 'just because' and hope that fixes it. (I'm on my 3rd or 4th resistor since buying it in 2012) If that doesn't resolve it, I've just wasted $200. Can someone tell me the amp draw I should expect?
Thanks in advance,
Farmall Dude

·
Registered
2002 olds bravada
26 Posts
I don't know exactly the draw in amps but an honest guess on high would be close to 30 amps. The fuse is 40 amps. What brand module are you buying? I would go with the original only. If you buy Duralast this could be problem. If you're using good brand replace blower motor. The first module should have changed the connection at the module. 3 modules should tell you the blower motor is bad.

·
Registered
2005 chevy trailblazer_lt_ext
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks 16vcabman.
I have been using the knock-off resistors, which is why I didn't think about the motor until after the 4th or so one.
Maybe I'll bite the bullet and buy the OEM...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts