Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2002 olds bravada
2,383 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have to bleed my brakes cause i'm getting that spongey feeling in the pedal after doing my rears. Is there a bleeder screw or do i just unhook the hose? is there a certain way to bleed them besides going RR, LR, RF, LF?

·
Banned
2004 gmc
26,436 Posts
There is a traditional bleeder valve on each caliper. When you pushed the pistons back to make room for the new pads, you SHOULD have had the bleeder valve open so you didn't push dirty fluid back UPSTREAM into the sensitive ABS valves and damage them. Unhooking the hose is a horrible way to bleed a caliper, since it only bleeds the hose and not the caliper. Where did you ever get that idea? :hopeless

·
Registered
2002 olds bravada
2,383 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
well as you can tell i'm not that knowledgeable with brakes. i couldn't find the valve except for a bolt right next to the hose. is it on the side of the caliper towards the engine?

·
Banned
2004 gmc
26,436 Posts
Please cease working on the brakes. I can't see anything good happening here. No amount of saving $$$ is worth the risk of untrained brake repairs. I hate being harsh, but you need to find an experienced friend or pay a pro. Your life and the innocents you might kill are worth more. 1000 apologies.

·
Registered
2002 olds bravada
2,383 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Please cease working on the brakes. I can't see anything good happening here. No amount of saving $$$ is worth the risk of untrained brake repairs. I hate being harsh, but you need to find an experienced friend or pay a pro. Your life and the innocents you might kill are worth more. 1000 apologies.
i understand roadie. thanks for caring. i just called my friend and he said he'd help me out and teach me tomorrow morning with bleeding them. thanks for your help and concern.

As always...there's a first time for everything.

·
Banned
2004 gmc
26,436 Posts
Thanks for not hating me. I learned brake jobs from a pro when I was a kid, and just worry too much about folks who might make that one little mistake that could hurt themselves. Your questions just tripped my spidey sense that you needed an experienced hand to help.

Trailvoy just isn't the optimum venue for an adequate brake job tutorial. There are books and much better web sites with pics you could have learned from.

·
Registered
2002 olds bravada
2,383 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
yea thats exactly what i am...a kid lol. I'm only 17 turning 18 in a couple days and just trying to learn as much as i can at this young age so i can put it to good use in the future. I'm trying as hard as i can right now to not take either of my cars to a mechanic unless its something to do with tuning/programming. Again, thank you all for your help and concern. I appreciate your honesty and opinion. thanks!!!:)

·
Registered
2003 chevy trailblazer_ls
5,269 Posts
it might not be visible because they have a small rubber cap on the bleeder screw to keep dirt off....

·
Registered
2002 olds bravada
2,383 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
did it yesterday and it was a success! i had the general idea and probably could've done it myself, but felt better having someone who actually knows what they're doing with me. i took many pictures and will eventually write a HOW-TO pretty soon. thanks!!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.