Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
2009 chevy trailblazer_lt
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello Forum!

Circus here. My old Z71 spun a bearing about 3 months ago, and my motorcycle bucked me off 4 weeks ago leaving me with a broken foot, so in need of new wheels, I've just come from the dealership with an 09 TB LT on Friday. I guess the TB is a birthday present from me, I absolutely love it!

I'm going to jump into the performance section of this forum starting with a cat-back and new filter. I've installed nearly every bolt on for my Z71 so hopefully the TB will be familiar territory.

Right off the bat, can anyone direct me to a list of free mods? I've seen resonator delete and de-badging, are there any other tricks for more HP or throttle response?

·
Registered
2008 gmc envoy_slt
413 Posts
Welcome aboard! After a few more posts you can do a search and see some awesome (some free) mods. You can also browse the members gallery section and see a few pics of what folks have done. Enjoy the new ride :thumbsup:

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Welcome!!! sounds like a good trade up to me. Tons of stuff on here, have fun modding.
Trade up?
I'm keeping the Z71 and going to be dropping a 383 Stroker soon to replace the old 350. Besides no A/C and the fact that it's not running currently, I can't really say that I like the TB anymore than my Z71. I guess I love them both.

·
Banned
2006 chevy trailblazer_ss_ls
7,988 Posts
Welcome to the site.:tiphat
My TBSS was a birthday present to myself too. (even though it was used)

·
Registered
2004 chevy trailblazer_lt
1,614 Posts
watch out, hooker is coming out with a long tube header and full exhuast for like 1200 in the next couple weeks if your gonna do exhuast. k&n series 77 is probably the favored intake by most members, and then you have to get a pcmforless tune to but it all together!

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
watch out, hooker is coming out with a long tube header and full exhuast for like 1200 in the next couple weeks if your gonna do exhuast. k&n series 77 is probably the favored intake by most members, and then you have to get a pcmforless tune to but it all together!
I just got back from the Auto Store and picked up the drop in K&N. I'm not too big on their FIPK or Typhoons as I installed one on my Z71 and was disappointed in the fact that I could have home built one for much less. They are well built and make a difference, but way over-priced.

Thanks for the heads-up Foosh I've got Hooker Long-Tubes on my Truck and really enjoy them, I guess I'll wait for them to come out.

I've got a Flowmaster Delta 50 on my truck and love the sound, but I didnt like the sound clips for Flowmasters on the I6. I did however like the Magnaflow and may go with that if I'm not too pleased w/ the sound of the Hooker exhaust.

·
Banned
2003 gmc envoy_slt
7,190 Posts
:tiphat Welcome :tiphat And just a heads up, IIRC they are not Hooker headers they are Kook's, I think . I can't find the thread.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts