Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
2002 gmc envoy_sle
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well i finally got all my stuff together now need help choosing a tire.

i have two in mind that i like

BFGOODRICH MUD KM 255/75/17 32.1" and general grabber at2 255/70/17 31"

i do go off road often but do a lot of city driving back and forth to work, i like the bfg, but my concern with them is the tread wear, and being an inch larger, how much room would i have to make. so i guess i am asking mainly for knowledge on the bfgs.

setup:
2002 envoy
smaxx 2.5" front, 1.5 rear
bilstein hds all around

·
Registered
2005 chevy trailblazer_lt
2,636 Posts
I've had good luck with the KMs.

I drive at least 40 miles a day too. Its all just a measure of how dedicated you are... we'll only slightly make fun of you if you get the AT... :raspberry

·
Registered
2002 gmc envoy_sle
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thanks for the input, i have been doing some more reading, and now i am concerned about hitting fender with 32's with just the suspension lift, should i be?

·
Registered
2004 chevy trailblazer_lt
1,614 Posts
hmmm i'd go for the m/t's... jd what kind of mileage do you get now with the lift wheels and tires and everything? i mean mine isn't horrible probably like 19 or 20 at 60-65 which isn't too bad considering whats done, but i suffer in city driving and high speeds... i have 245/70/17 t/a km2's

on the other hand the general grabbers got really good reviews and they have a pretty decent tread as far as off roading

·
Registered
2002 gmc envoy_sle
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
can someone send a link to pics of cutting that might have to be done, i am going to do what it takes to fit the tire, just would be nice to not go it to the project blind

·
Registered
2005 chevy trailblazer_lt
2,636 Posts
I get around 16-17 highway. :D

There is a link to a thread by AlekG in the modifications section of my website. Alek's thread specifically covers the cutting he had to do to fit 33s on ol Blue (RIP). (I'll give you a hint, the link is in the tires section.)

·
Registered
1,614 Posts
oh true jd, you also have 3.73's so that would explain it... but i think you have me beat around town... i'm only 14

·
Registered
2005 chevy trailblazer_ls
343 Posts
I am asking myself the same question: BFG A/T KO's or Nitto Terra Grapplers (265/75/R16)? Most of my driving is back and forth to work and school and monthly road trips about 350 miles one way. I do want to be able to do some mountain roads on camping trips and fun runs though.

·
Registered
1,614 Posts
hmmm i donno i like the bfg's i think they're good and never seen them have trouble like blowouts or popping from small sticks

·
Registered
1,614 Posts
i have the km2's and jd has the original... i actually like the hummmm they make, is low and fairly quiet. JD says his are pretty quiet as well

·
Registered
1,614 Posts
i turned off the radio at 75 and asked my mom what she thought and she said "they're not loud, they have a very nice hum, i kinda like it"

·
Registered
2007 chevy trailblazer_ss_3ss
3,118 Posts
The km2s are not as noisy as the original tred pattern.
also, if you keep the pressure down around 35 or 40 psi
they ride super smooth!!!

·
Registered
2005 chevy trailblazer_ls
215 Posts
The km2s are not as noisy as the original tred pattern.
also, if you keep the pressure down around 35 or 40 psi
they ride super smooth!!!
Yeah a budy at work has those. I was behind him on the expressway man. I'm thinking I'm not getting thouse. I don't mind a little noise but his were loud. I think the KM2 are much better. I kinda like General Grabber AT2 The price is a little easier on the wallet. That's my :m2:

1 - 18 of 18 Posts