Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2006 chevy trailblazer_ls
123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This week I had to replace my battery since I was having to jump start it every other day. Didn't think much of it until I installed the new battery and the TV is a lot more responsive and not as sluggish. I have not heard of the battery affecting performance unless for some reason it is affecting the spark and the new battery is causing the fuel to burn better with a stronger spark. I dunno, it could just be me imagining :weird: this but I swear it drives differently now. Anyone else heard of this or experienced this?

·
Registered
2005 gmc envoy_slt_xuv
341 Posts
Im not sure about our TrailVoys, but I know in other ECM equipped cars going back quite a few years, once the ECM looses power it has to go through a "learn" mode and will not have great performance/fuel mileage until the table is populated.

By jumping it and then running, and shutting it off without a battery with a charge to hold the settings, you are basically resetting it every time. Now that you have a good battery, it prolly "learned" what was needed and is storing it for the next startup instead of starting fresh each time

·
Registered
2002 chevy trailblazer_ltz
3,250 Posts
:iagree:

When power (battery) is disconnected, or very low, all PCM settings are returned to factory defaults when power is returned. It then takes a few days of normal driving for the PCM to learn the settings it needs to run correctly for your situation.

·
Registered
2006 chevy trailblazer_ls
123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hmmm.. I hadn't thought of that. I could swear that the difference was immediate, but yalls explanation makes sense.

·
Registered
2003 chevy trailblazer_ls
5,268 Posts
If you have not done this.. clean the throttle body- (along with a battery disconnect)... and let the engine/tranny relearn your driving style from a fresh fresh start...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts