Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner

21 - 21 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
0-60 time...

My 2004 Trailblazer (4.2 i6) is getting from 0-60 in about 10.5 seconds. I think there must be something really wrong. What do you guys think?

Here's what I know:
It has been very well taken care of, has been to the dealer recently. I had them look at EVERYTHING. Here is what they checked and did to it:
Torque converter fluid changed
Transmission fluid changed
Catalytic converter (2 years old)
Exhaust system (2 years old)
Throttle body (cleaned)
Fuel pressure (checked)
Air filter evaluated
Plugs and wires changed

It was taken in because of a lack of power (especially in the low rpm range) and they told me overall that it was in excellent shape and that there was nothing wrong with it at all. Of course they proceeded in telling me that if I wanted a better performing vehicle that I should purchase a new one (haha)... Expected...

It's so peculiar to me because I see so many people getting times of 7-8 seconds. Something is just not right. Anyone agree? Oh, and to really make it sound strange, I also had it tuned by PCMofNC. Their tune has certainly made my vehicle more driveable (much better shift points and transmission behavior) but the times are about the same. I think my times before the tune were somewhere in the 11-12 second range. Anyways, moving on, if anyone wants to have a look at a log that I captured while doing a 0-60 pull I can certainly find a way to post it.

I would really appreciate any help or pointers to get me looking in the right direction.

21 - 21 of 21 Posts