Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
2003 chevy trailblazer_ls
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking for opinions of what is the best bug deflector/hood protector for my 03 TB. I am just looking for a standard smoked one. I like the looks of the AVS, but am concerned that it comes with the rubber buttons to protect the hood. Is the AVS so flimsy that it will bend back and hit the hood or fenders? I also want something that mounts using the stock holes in the hood. Any advice is appreciated.:tiphat

·
Registered
2005 chevy trailblazer_ls
422 Posts
ive got the AVS one and it took 10 mins at the MOST to mount.

its never hit the hood even doing 100+ mph :D

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Did you have to use the rubber pads that they supply to protect the hood? Does it fit good and not rub anywhere (headlights etc.)? Did it mount using screws in the stock holes under the hood? Thanks for the Help !!

·
Registered
2005 chevy trailblazer_lt
132 Posts
it mounts in four pre-existing holes under the hood. takes like 30 seconds to install. it doesn't come anywhere near touching the hood, mine has never even bent at all. it also doesn't rub anything

·
Registered
2005 chevy trailblazer_ls
422 Posts
it mounts in four pre-existing holes under the hood. takes like 30 seconds to install. it doesn't come anywhere near touching the hood, mine has never even bent at all. it also doesn't rub anything
:iagree: what he said. so easy a caveman can do it :laugh:

i used the rubbers just in case. you can never be too safe

·
Registered
2008 chevy trailblazer_ls
15 Posts
i just got the avs one myself took 2 seconds to put on and i saw no need for the rubber stoppers

·
Registered
2006 chevy trailblazer_ls
705 Posts
I have the Stampede. Mine's clear, but i'm very happy with it. No rubber bumpers. They all install the same and there are very few differences in them

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 · (Edited)
I ended up buying the AVS Begflector II. It fits perfect. Took about 5 min. to install. No need for the rubber bumpers. Used a little nail polish remover to get the AVS logo off. Thanks everyone for the input !! :D

·
Registered
2007 gmc envoy_sle
28 Posts
I have the AVS one installed for my Envoy and I agree with the others - it looks great and is easy to install. As far as how good it is at actually deflecting the bugs... well I'm not too sure, you'd have to ask the bugs! :D I bought it mainly to keep chips and scratches from happening.

·
Banned
2007 chevy trailblazer_ls
1,531 Posts

I have a Lund Bug Deflector. I had it on my 2003 TB and moved it to my 2007. It definitely saves the hood from the stones.

·
Registered
2002 chevy trailblazer_ls
2,461 Posts
Originally went with the lund(like rcam's in previous post to this one), but replaced it with a stampede. Not sure if it was the hardware or what but the lund would sit on top of my headlights. Everytime I would shut my hood it would slam against them, and started to create a goudge. Went with a clear stampede and had it painted to match and couldn't be happier :woot:. Doesn't rest or touch my headlights at anytime :thumbsup:, stampede for me :m2:.

·
Banned
2007 chevy trailblazer_ls
1,531 Posts
Mine doesn't touch the hood or the headlights. The only way that I can see the deflector hitting the top of the headlights is if the front hood stops are adjusted too low when the hood is closed. My hood is level with the top of the fenders.

·
Registered
2002 chevy trailblazer_ls
2,461 Posts
Mine doesn't touch the hood or the headlights. The only way that I can see the deflector hitting the top of the headlights is if the front hood stops are adjusted too low when the hood is closed. My hood is level with the top of the fenders.
I tried that, but then I couldn't really close my hood :duh:. Im thinking it was the type of hardware it used. The new stampede I have now has better tighter fitting plastic pieces that went into the hood then the Lund. Seemed like the weight of the deflector on the lund made it sag just a bit and allowed it to touch my lights :nono:. It didn't touch but about an inch on the far side of the lights but that was enough for me to say no thanks.

In the end I had to switch it out anyways because the guys that painted it painted a smoked deflector (the lund) to match, and not a clear deflector painted from the back. I noticed a few rather small chips in the paint about a month after having it. Having a clear deflector painted from the back is definitely the way to go if your color matching.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts