Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
2005 chevy trailblazer_lt
449 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So my a/c went out and I took it to a shop an the told me I had a hole in the condenser. So I took it home and put a uv light to it myself and they were right about the hole. So now I need a new condenser... any advice on the Best place to buy a new condenser?

·
Banned
2004 gmc
26,181 Posts
Are you going to take it to a pro for leak testing and recharging? Just asking because we sometimes get noobs who have no idea that an AC job is more than just replacing the bad parts and immediately hooking up cans of R134 they get at Autozone. Not a driveway DIY project for most folks.

·
Registered
2008 chevy trailblazer_lt
72 Posts
You will definitely want to take it to a shop to evacuate the coolant and re charge. The place I’m using is charging $100.00 to evacuate and refill the system for me, just to give an idea of price.

·
Registered
2005 chevy trailblazer_ls
1,733 Posts
:crackup:I am an A/C tech, and I have found that if you have a hole, odds are you have self-evacuated the system! However, if any moister or dust gains entry into said system you will probably need to pull a vacuum upon completion of install of new condenser, most average people don't own this vacuum pump, thus the need for qualified techs to perform this service. Besides it's against the law to evacuate into the air!:m2:

·
Registered
2005 chevy trailblazer_ls
1,733 Posts
:hail:I could and believe I did, but I will never compare with you knowledge wise and would never try, we all know you are our guru and no one can take your place! I just threw my two cents in...sorry:bonk:

·
Banned
2004 gmc
26,181 Posts
No! I wasn't being sarcastic. I meant in all the OTHER threads that come up every week about DIY AC work. Your credentials are impeccable, and I get tired doing it all the time. :drool

Why just a minute ago, we had the classic question come up on where is the rear fuse block? Except this is July 1, and I've never had the question asked so early in the month! I gotta take a break. Time for an expedition!

·
Registered
2005 chevy trailblazer_lt
449 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
thanx for the info guys.. and no im not doing it myself. Im not the mechanic type I just like to drive my Tb anything wrong with it it goes to the shop. My mechanic is actually a friend of the family so I trust him. Last time I was there was to replace my fan clutch which I ordered and had him put on. Jus looking for a good deal on a condenser. Thanx guys:tiphat

·
Registered
2003 chevy trailblazer_lt
6,568 Posts
yea he's one of us chi-towners... best bet i woudl say is check napa or something...

i just got mine replaced down the street from me.. old friends work there...

cost me 400 for part and install and charge..

·
Registered
2002 chevy trailblazer_ltz
3,250 Posts
Order the condenser from Rock Auto. Good company to deal with, good prices, fast shipping. From $110 for aftermarket, to $213 for AC Delco OEM.

You can install the condenser yourself if you want, but either way it has to be hooked to an A/C machine, vacuum drawn, and then re-charged.

·
Registered
2002 chevy trailblazer_lt
1 Posts
Need a NEW Condenser for a 02 Trailblazer

Vancouver BC area if possible. Mine just went and I need a new one for a decent price. All seem to be in the states and the Canadian dollar is sucking atm.
Anyone know of anywhere in BC...even out to Ont?

:thx

1 - 16 of 16 Posts