Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2002 chevy trailblazer_lt
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So i'm new to this forum and I was just looking to get some opinions. What do you guys think would be the best tires for a 255/70/16?

·
Registered
2005 gmc
19 Posts
I have an 02 Envoy with P255/65 R17's. I have Michelin LTX M/S and absolutely love them. I put them on 12/14/2011 at 128,000 miles and now with over 163,000 miles, I still have half the tread left. They're quiet and roll extremely well. I WILL buy these again. I see your size is a little different but that shouldn't be an issue. Also, I got them from TireRack.com,, I love that site too.. just sayin'.

·
Registered
2002 chevy trailblazer_lt
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks

Thank you, I've been hearing a lot about the LTX and that pretty much made up my mind

·
Registered
2007 chevy trailblazer_ls
19 Posts
I went for Nitto Grappler 2, the reviews are mostly on point, so far satisfied with good traction and quiet ride. I've heard good stuff abt the Michelin LTX but i've yet to try them, probably when i'm done with this set.

·
Registered
2003 gmc envoy_slt
628 Posts
I've got my 6th vehicle with General UHP tires.

First set on a VW Passat, another on my wife's Acura, then my 3 Jimmies, and now my Envoy.

I love these tires because they have grip like you wouldn't believe. Here we often have rain so a good wet tires is essential.

My 5.3 Envoy came with good Michelin LTX tires. I could not believe how easy it was to light them up. Just a little pounce on the throttle and they would spin from a standstill on dry pavement. I was somewhat concerned because driving in the rain would be scary. My fears were justified. I went to accelerate at about 30 MPH to get ahead of some traffic and the rear started to wag!

I then bought a set to 20" wheels with General UHP and WOW! Now, on wet pavement I can jump on it from a standstill and it just pulls away quickly! I would need to brake stand it to get it to break loose.

The tires roll very smooth and have terrific turn in. They are a bit on the noisy side, a bit of a whirrrr. Only noticeable with the windows down a driving past a wall etc.

And, they are a bargain. My 275/45-20 cost just $128 each at the Tirerack.com

1 - 5 of 5 Posts