Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
2004 chevy trailblazer_lt
1,614 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i'll be swapping my magnaflow with another members exhuast till i have the time to build a custom one... what is the best sounding and performing muffler i can put on until i have the new system?

i don't want alot of resonance, but i don't any kind of resignator either...

also something cheap, i'm willing to buy a used muffler if anybody fairly local has one

·
Registered
2003 chevy trailblazer_lt_ext
8,770 Posts
Flowmaster 50 series, and a resonator delete :D

·
Registered
1,614 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
the res will be deleted, thats how we're gettign it off of the other vehicle, and as far as the 50 series goes, which one? 50 HD, 50 SUV, 50 Delta?

·
Registered
2004 chevy trailblazer_ls_ext
1,061 Posts
i heard either the 50 SUV or 50 delta flow

·
Registered
1,614 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
ok, i've heard the magnaflows are pretty good too... and i like the sound of the magnaflow... there are alot of choices, and the exhust thread we have has mostly predone systems...

·
Registered
91 Posts
I have a 50 Delta it sounds real good but it is loud if you rev the engine past 3k RPM. The interior resonance is a little annoying after about 30 min on the highway.

·
Registered
1,061 Posts
what about the dynomax superturbos?

·
Registered
1,614 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
i do alot of trips on the high way, so i need something that will turn heads around town and have a nice grumble with little resonance at 75

·
Premium Member
2007 chevy trailblazer_ls
1,422 Posts
:iagree: with jfhwkins I have the series 50 Delta and ended up going back and having a resonator installed after the muffler because yes the noise was a little annoying after awhile. Not so much for me but my fiancee. Sounds great now with a good rumble-not ricey.

·
Registered
1,614 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
i think its a full system shop only but i sent them a message asking for info... as in they won't just sell mufflers, or the mufflers they have are flomasters with their badge over it, i wasn't sure tho

·
Registered
1,061 Posts
cause that dodge ram is a V8

·
Registered
1,614 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
yeah as i said i'm not looking for loud, just a nice subtle sound that you can hear clearly at idle and when you hit it... people know it

from what i've gathered so far the 50 series is the best for this, like a delta 50 or suv 50... they give good sound and less resonance

·
Northwest Chapter
11,824 Posts
Stock muffler without resonator will be what you are looking for, all systems without a resonator will drone on the highway, dont care what anyone says. And I mean an actual muffler resonator, not a glasspack.

Otherwise get the biggest 2.5" (not 3") Magnaflow muffler you can get and then get another Magnaflow resonator with a nice tip. Basically make half a Magnaflow dual catback setup so it sounds good and doesnt drone (a lot). Even the Magnaflow catback drones a little bit, Im talking a little tiny bit because it is louder than the stock system.

·
Registered
1,614 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
considering i currently have the magnaflow dual system, i know exactly how it sounds... and i'm looking for something thats louder at idle, but slightly quiter or roughly the same toward the top end... but i want more noise at idle and low rpms, because you really can't hear it over my intake till 3k rpms or something like that, and at that point its just monotone exhuast, no throatyness. now i know it will never be a v8 but i kno of plenty of other people with 6 cyclinders that sound quite like a small v8 with a fairly quiet system. hell even the I-6 jeeps sound pretty good when they have a system...

·
Registered
1,061 Posts
Stock muffler without resonator will be what you are looking for, all systems without a resonator will drone on the highway, dont care what anyone says. And I mean an actual muffler resonator, not a glasspack.

Otherwise get the biggest 2.5" (not 3") Magnaflow muffler you can get and then get another Magnaflow resonator with a nice tip. Basically make half a Magnaflow dual catback setup so it sounds good and doesnt drone (a lot). Even the Magnaflow catback drones a little bit, Im talking a little tiny bit because it is louder than the stock system.
i wonder if you can add the magnaflow resonator somewhere between the rear wheels and muffler? i would rather keep it away from behind the rear wheels. How would a magnaflow muffler sound if you did it this way of just replacing the stock muffler and keeping the stock piping and removing the resonator?

1 - 20 of 33 Posts