Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
06 Trailblazer LT
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anybody have a link for the best LED headlights for my 06 Trailblazer? Fog lights also? Been browsing for hours trying to find true and tested good ones, so many different ones I’m more confused now than when I started. Thanks

·
Registered
2007 gmc envoy_denali
60 Posts
Do your bulbs live completely inside the housing like mine? I put a pair in my Envoy and one burned out quickly. Of course it was Chineseum, but without the back of the bulb exposed to ambient air I think they're just going to cook. Standing by to see if anyone else has found a good solution.

·
Registered
06 Trailblazer LT
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I use Fahren Forenner 9006/HB4 LED Headlight Bulbs, 12000 Lumens 400% Brighter LED Headlight Conversion Kit, 6500K 10 Min Installation, Halogen Replacement, Pack of 2 in the OEM headlamp

I see on that link there’s only two, do you use both one for high beam and one for Low beam? How does that work? I see they are 9006, I thought 9006 were for low beam and 9005 were for high beam? Do you need two of them for one side, one for high beam one for low beam? Please explain thanks

·
Registered
102 Posts
I see on that link there’s only two, do you use both one for high beam and one for Low beam? How does that work? I see they are 9006, I thought 9006 were for low beam and 9005 were for high beam? Do you need two of them for one side, one for high beam one for low beam? Please explain thanks
Sorry yes that is for low beam only. I rarely use high beam so I have standard bulbs.

·
Registered
06 Trailblazer LT
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Do your bulbs live completely inside the housing like mine? I put a pair in my Envoy and one burned out quickly. Of course it was Chineseum, but without the back of the bulb exposed to ambient air I think they're just going to cook. Standing by to see if anyone else has found a good solution.
Did your LEDs have the little built-in fans on them when it burned up?

·
Registered
102 Posts
Gotcha! Other than that have they lasted and work good?
Yes they have, there is a small screw I used to adjust the orientation of the bulb in the housing socket so that the LEDs are at 3/9 oclock position for best light distribution. Some LEDs you buy don't allow you to do this and the LED will be at an incorrect angle.

Also, I had to delete my DRL which is something you may need to do. DRL sends a pulsed signal (PWM circuit) to the halogen bulb which will cause problems with HID/LED bulbs. I wired it so my headlights do not run all the time, but rather turn on when it detects its dark out and the bulbs run at 100%. You can search "DRL killer" for more information.

·
Registered
06 Trailblazer LT
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Yes they have, there is a small screw I used to adjust the orientation of the bulb in the housing socket so that the LEDs are at 3/9 oclock position for best light distribution. Some LEDs you buy don't allow you to do this and the LED will be at an incorrect angle.

Also, I had to delete my DRL which is something you may need to do. DRL sends a pulsed signal (PWM circuit) to the halogen bulb which will cause problems with HID/LED bulbs. I wired it so my headlights do not run all the time, but rather turn on when it detects its dark out and the bulbs run at 100%. You can search "DRL killer" for more information.
Ok thanks I’ll check it out, I was looking at Sealight brand, got them in all my domes but don’t know how good they are for headlight, do you know anything about these? Amazon.com

·
Registered
06 Trailblazer LT
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·

Fahren does not make 9005 Hi beams for my trailblazer, only the 9006 Low beams that you got

·
Registered
06 Trailblazer LT
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
They did, I suppose could have been a fan failure too? Dunno, just seemed like a bad place to keep something hot. How long are you guys' LED bulbs lasting?
I don’t know I’ve never had LED headlights yet I’m still searching, I have LEDs in all my dome, cluster and dashboard lights but not headlights yet.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Also, I had to delete my DRL which is something you may need to do.
leds don’t affect the drl ive had several different sets of several different brands of leds on at least 3 different trailblazers.. leds work fine

from my experience people basically just delete the drl because they don’t want the drl for whatever reason

·
Registered
2002 Pewter ls with automatic trans. 4x2, gray cloth interior.
250 Posts
I took the leds from my sports car cor vette and they did very well. Of course I put them back and purched a nice set of halogens for the time being.

However, I'd strongly suggest buying new housings just to get the amount of output it will make a difference. Another thing If you live in a foggy area, white leds are horrible and won't cut through.

For me white leds are a seasonal thing.

Old yellowed headlight housing hold back on light output even if you refinish it. Ebay it for $120 a set.

·
Registered
2002 Pewter ls with automatic trans. 4x2, gray cloth interior.
250 Posts
leds don’t affect the drl ive had several different sets of several different brands of leds on at least 3 different trailblazers.. leds work fine

from my experience people basically just delete the drl because they don’t want the drl for whatever reason
It should cause hyper flash. It's been a while since I added leds and can't recall but I do have led drl and hyperflash does happen at night. It Don't bother me though .

·
Registered
102 Posts
Yes in addition to that I decided to delete my DRL in order to extend the life of the LEDs as they are not running every time I drive or during the day when I don’t need them on. I have them wired to still retain auto headlamp so they turn on by themselves when it’s dark.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts