Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2007 chevy trailblazer_ls
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm sure this has been beat to death, but what is the best hid kit to get for 07 trailblazer i want either 6k or 8k but probably 8k

·
Registered
2006 chevy trailblazer_lt
713 Posts
i got the 8k from mike at jetttstream, a vendor on here. many people have figured that a lot of the kits are the same anyway, just sold through different vendors/suppliers, including ebay. mostly, since you can get better deals from places like ebay, its a gamble on the quality - but you pay much less - and many members say they are very happy with the quality of the hids off of ebay or other places like that.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I just went to vvme.com and there kit needs a size. I have H4-3, 9004-3, 9007-3, and H13-3 to choose from but don,t know which on i need

·
Basic Vendor- Skid Plates
3,700 Posts
If you're looking for the most usable light, go 4300K or 5000K

If you're one of the "LOOKZ MAH RIDEZ GOT HIDZ" folks, who don't care if you blind oncoming traffic (even if they are aimed correctly, there is still leakage), get anything 8000K or above...

6000k is alright, I guess... Not as much usable light as 4.3 or 5k, but not as poser-ish as 8k and above...

Mike

·
Registered
2006 chevy trailblazer_ls
449 Posts
I use 6000K HIDs and the light output is great..

Much better than stock.

In my case, I chose the 6000K bulbs to blend a bit
with my Metallic blue paint job..

In the end, it comes down to preference, but generally, the 5000K, the 6000K
and even the 8000K would work for most applications. If you're concerned
about the bling factor, stay below 6000K and you're good. 6000K has a slight
blue tint, but nothing more.

Talk to Mike @ Jetttstream, here on the forums.

Great product and service after the sale is unbelievably good.

·
Registered
2004 chevy trailblazer_lt_ext
1,002 Posts
i did the 5000k HID, when they turn on there is a blue light but you can see the lamps warm up and turn more whitish light. i chose this color so i knew i wouldnt be messed with by the police. i like the color of the 6000k, but the more color you want the less light output you get so there is a trade off. my pontiac G6 sitting side by side with lights on, the TB will make the G6 look yellow (standard halogen bulbs). hope this helps you out some

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.