Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
2006 chevy trailblazer_ls
1,140 Posts
hello fellow Floridian! :D welcome to trailvoy.

try using the search button/function. there are lots and lots of threads before about exhaust on a 4.2 TB. you will see a lot and they have pics too. :yes:

·
Premium Member
2007 chevy trailblazer_ls
1,422 Posts
I would really like to do the Borla but sadly their website says the current kit does not fit the '06 and higher. So my second choice would be the Magnaflow setup when I get my bonus. A few people here are running it and havegiven it good reviews. But I agree with the above run a search as there a re a lot of posts with sound clips and se which one you like.

·
Registered
2003 chevy trailblazer_ls
1,708 Posts
Welcome to the site. Again use the search but this question is like, "Do blonds, brunettes, or red heads make better wives." To each his own.

·
Registered
8,781 Posts
I have a Gibson and I have no complaints... although I kinda wanna reroute it and have it come out where my hitch would be :undecided

·
Registered
2002 gmc envoy_slt
3,203 Posts
There's no difference in the exhaust from 2002 through 2009 for the 4.2, only the CAT was changed to alleviate premature clogging at the same time they added the AIR pump in '04. The Borla or any other exhaust will fit the SWB models without any problems. Their site also indicates it doesn't fit an ECAS equipped vehicle, however that was a precaution in case the installer placed the piping against the air spring and it melted......we've had several ECAS equipped vehicles with dual exhausts and no problems.

BTW, the Borla has a awesome sound to it....nice and deep and not 'ricey'.

·
Premium Member
2007 chevy trailblazer_ls
1,422 Posts
There's no difference in the exhaust from 2002 through 2009 for the 4.2, only the CAT was changed to alleviate premature clogging at the same time they added the AIR pump in '04. The Borla or any other exhaust will fit the SWB models without any problems. Their site also indicates it doesn't fit an ECAS equipped vehicle, however that was a precaution in case the installer placed the piping against the air spring and it melted......we've had several ECAS equipped vehicles with dual exhausts and no problems.

BTW, the Borla has a awesome sound to it....nice and deep and not 'ricey'.
:thx I talked to Borla and they were not sure if it would fit. Said to contact GM so I am back to Borla. :hijacked

·
Registered
2002 gmc envoy_slt
286 Posts
The borla or any new cat back how high do you have to get the car off the ground to get the exhaust on it?
I am asking this because in my crown vic to get around the axle the pipe has to be inserted straight up needing the car 4ft off the ground.

I didn't take a look if the exhaust loops around anything. I rather do everything myself, I hate people touching my vehicles with no care, cut corner attitudes.

thanks

·
Registered
8,781 Posts
The borla or any new cat back how high do you have to get the car off the ground to get the exhaust on it?
I am asking this because in my crown vic to get around the axle the pipe has to be inserted straight up needing the car 4ft off the ground.

I didn't take a look if the exhaust loops around anything. I rather do everything myself, I hate people touching my vehicles with no care, cut corner attitudes.

thanks
If the truck is still at stock height you dont need to jack it up at all... it helps but its not necessary

·
Registered
2005 isuzu ascender
14 Posts
05 down and 06 up exhaust difference

Gibson makes a nice exhaust set up 615597/615599 stainless, 315597/315599 Aluminized exhaust kit. 02-05 uses a dohnut gasket flange (15597) on cat to muffler while 06-09 uses a flat flange (15599) on cat to muffler. Ext's need an extra 3~4" of pipe added to muffler for proper fitment. I used a slip fit pipe that worked nicely. EXT's are 16" longer overall.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts