Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just got my 06 Trailblazer a few days ago. I have bose speaker already so I dont want to upgrade them. But I do want a touchscreen dvd/cd/ipod aux to put in that stock cd's place. Not a flip out though, just a flat screen for all purposes. Whats a good one that will be an easy install that is somewhat inexpensive? Kenwood, JVC, Eclipse, Alpine?:grouphug:

·
Registered
2004 chevy trailblazer_lt
1,369 Posts
That should get you in the right direction...
But he said he didn't want nav.... :D

But seriously, the Pioneer is a good unit for the price they are offering it at. I don't have much experience with all in one HU's as I install full computers, but I have some friends who swear by em.

Regards,
Keith

·
Registered
2004 chevy trailblazer_ls
1,574 Posts
Just go a step down. Go with the AVH-3100DVD from pioneer. I have it and love it. Works great, sounds great, and alot of features for the price.:m2:

·
Registered
1,369 Posts
:hijacked Only if it had tomtom on it. I would much rather have a tomtom and stock HU than all in one HU cuz the navi on those things just sucks plain and simple. In my case I have a full blown computer in my car and still haven't found a navi on par with tomtom, even for pc. iGuidance works the best so far, but most of the softwares just plain suck.

·
Registered
2003 chevy trailblazer_ls
497 Posts
:hijacked Only if it had tomtom on it. I would much rather have a tomtom and stock HU than all in one HU cuz the navi on those things just sucks plain and simple. In my case I have a full blown computer in my car and still haven't found a navi on par with tomtom, even for pc. iGuidance works the best so far, but most of the softwares just plain suck.
carputer-based navi sucks BFDD.

However, I have found Pioneer and Eclipse to have excellent double-din navi solutions.

My TomTom leaves much to be desired. Heck, it doesn't even know where my house is! Everytime I go down my street, it thinks I'm in a field!

·
Registered
2004 chevy trailblazer_ls
1,574 Posts
Well one problem with some of the head units with navi you have to have the navi cd in the player to work. So if you want to listen to a cd your can't use the navi. Not sure if all of them do that, but i know most do.

·
Registered
1,369 Posts
carputer-based navi sucks BFDD.

However, I have found Pioneer and Eclipse to have excellent double-din navi solutions.

My TomTom leaves much to be desired. Heck, it doesn't even know where my house is! Everytime I go down my street, it thinks I'm in a field!
Not sure what computer navi's you are using, but iGuidance actually works quite well, especially with the 5Hz Garmin puck :D

As for your house, I guess you just aren't that important :p

·
Registered
2005 chevy trailblazer_ls
1,733 Posts
:nono:Man I just read the specs on that thing and it seems to me like not much works without buying a bunch of extras to make it do what you might think it should! Theres no way I would spend my hard-earned money on that JAP stuff! Just my:m2:

·
Registered
2004 chevy trailblazer_ls_ext
314 Posts
1 - 20 of 23 Posts