Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2006 chevy trailblazer_ss_ls
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just bought a trail ss that came lowered with belltech springs and upper control arm. The ride quality is great but I wanna know how well they will hold up in crappy NYC road conditions? Any thoughts anyone I really could use some feedback or advice

·
Registered
2007 chevy
26 Posts
I have KBEE front coilovers, DJM modified arms, Belltech springs and shocks rear, Spohn panhard bar, and Hotchkis sway bar.

I live on LI but drive in and out of the city a lot.

You will be fine. The Belltech stuff is pretty nice.

I have no issues. I ride 31" front 31" rear AWD.

·
Registered
2006 chevy trailblazer_ss_ls
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I have KBEE front coilovers, DJM modified arms, Belltech springs and shocks rear, Spohn panhard bar, and Hotchkis sway bar.

I live on LI but drive in and out of the city a lot.

You will be fine. The Belltech stuff is pretty nice.

I have no issues. I ride 31" front 31" rear AWD.
I love the look of the ride being lowered but I cant stand the ride is so ruff. If I hit a pothole on the belt parkway the rear of the trunk sounds like its banging on something. I am not sure if maybe getting new shock will help with the ruff ride but I feel everything on the road

·
Registered
2007 chevy
26 Posts
I love the look of the ride being lowered but I cant stand the ride is so ruff. If I hit a pothole on the belt parkway the rear of the trunk sounds like its banging on something. I am not sure if maybe getting new shock will help with the ruff ride but I feel everything on the road
It was rough riding even when bone stock. The new setup has many adjustments so I've been playing around trying to soften it up.

I heard a banging in the rear, it was my exhaust hitting the rear diff! So we adjusted it a bit, now no banging anymore. Look around under there, you should easily be able to see the rub marks.

Plus, I have my tires up around 40psi which I have to drop down now that the weather is hot.

Here is how she sits right now. Low and mean but not too low.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts