Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2003 chevy trailblazer_ls
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

These are 285/35/22. Anyone know if the GF (coils only)1.3/3 kit requires shocks too? I wanted to know what else would be needed if I went with that particular kit. I read that ss shocks would work but dont know too much about that. :confused:

·
Registered
2002 gmc envoy_slt
3,203 Posts
Looks nice.....a simple spoke wheel looks great on our trucks.

As far the GF drop springs, while they don't require shocks in the rear, you'll be a little bouncy if you don't replace them. I used regular HDs and the back end still felt like it was constantly bobbing up and down even so slightly. Put in a set of Belltech Nitor-Drop 2 shocks in their place and they made a world of difference in the ride quality in the back end. (Really stopped that constantly movement). - I would suggest you replace the rear shocks with a drop shock of some sort. The Belltech shocks can be purchased of of Summit Racing for around $34 a piece, so its not a huge cost.

·
Registered
5,024 Posts
it all depends on your ride.....2wd..the 2/4 drop will work......4x4.....Ground force or bell-tech will work.......and as well you will need the djm upper control arms to release stress on the ball joints!! Good luck!

·
Registered
2003 chevy trailblazer_ls
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hey Ylab did u keep the front factory shocks?
And Rick, do I need the upper control arms if i go with the coils only? I think im gonna go that route instead of the 2/4, that kit is like $500 bucks!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts