Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2004 chevy trailblazer_lt
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK, first off let me just say hello... it's been months since I last logged on here. Here is my question.

SES light code "P0410" came on. I disconnected my hoses from the pump and a ton of water came out. The SES light came on during temps in the teens. I guessing at one point all the water froze in the hoses. So I bought a new solenoid and the SES light is still on after 3 weeks of replacing it. I can still hear the whining noise coming from underneath the drivers seat (thats why I replaced the solenoid and not the pump). Should I replace that pump? Sounds like it's working. Any suggestions?

·
Registered
1,440 Posts
That air pump is in a very dangerous position if water enters it and then freezes. It can ruin things like the valve and/or the motor.

I believe that the only thing that can make the sort of noise you describe is the motor itself.

It's either telling you it has failed or is failing really soon. Noise from a motor is never good.

So - yeah - I believe that you're going into debt to buy NEW parts for this and stay away from junkyards because you already have a junkyard part that doesn't work.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts