Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2006 chevy trailblazer_ls
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey im having a humming noise in the front end on my TB. You can hear it when i am driving straight and making a left turn. When turning to the right the noise stops. Well i changed out the front right bearing noise still there. It wouldnt be the left bearing would it?? Because you would think that with the noise present on left turns and driving straight it would be the right bearing right???:confused:

·
Banned
2004 gmc
26,181 Posts
I was fooled once, as have other members, and changed the wrong side. Statistically, you're right, but the vehicle sometimes fools us.

·
Registered
2005 chevy trailblazer_ltz
121 Posts
My TB is humming in the front too. The noise doesn't change when turning. I'm just going to replace them both and be done with it. I just haven't decided on where/ what brand to get.

·
Registered
2006 chevy trailblazer_ls
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
yea i have no clue, you would think if the vehicle is being turned to the right, and the weight is shifted to the left, the noise stop, that it would be the right bearing. but problem still exist. i thought it could've been a tire out of balance , but put ss rims and yokohama tires still have the same problem. guess change out the other bearing and see what happens.

·
Registered
2003 gmc envoy_slt
361 Posts
About three months ago there was a grinding type of feeling in my steering wheel when going straight or turning turning to the right that kept getting worse. I was able to lift the front end and by spinning the wheels and using a piece of garden hose as a stethoscope hear the grinding in the left wheel. I bought an AC Delco FW121 from Amazon for $189.00. Last month while searching ebay for a fan clutch (another story) I ran across a new AC Delco FW121 for $69.99. I plan to replace the right one along with front brakes before Thanks giving. So mine turning to the right ended up being the left hub.

·
Registered
2002 chevy trailblazer_ls
1,433 Posts
Usually, getting weight/pressure off the bearing makes it get quieter, and more makes it louder. Usually.

However, I've run into bearings on other things that have slop in them that make noise, but putting pressure on them quiets them down because the slack in the system is reduced. Makes sense that the same could hold true on wheel bearings as well.

·
Registered
2002 chevy trailblazer_ltz
2,063 Posts
Okay well ill change out the left bearing and let yall know!!
Just don't throw out the bearing you remove until you take it for a test drive. I had the same problem as Roadie, changed one side as all the tests suggested it was that side...turned out it was the other side, so I just used the bearing I replaced and all is good.

Matt

1 - 10 of 10 Posts