Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
2002 chevy trailblazer_ls
575 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone toyed with the idea of trying to get a group buy together for the BDS spacers.
I'm considering giving them a call to find out what requirements might have to be met. But I was thinking along the lines of $400.00 shipped for the kit with the cheaper shocks and $515.00 shipped for the kit with the better shocks.

Just to get an idea, how many of you would go for something like this? That way if I call I can give them an idea of what we'd be working with.

·
Registered
2004 chevy trailblazer_lt
3,219 Posts
it's a good idea. I actually just ordered one off of ebay for around 530 with gas shocks and boots. So i would think 515 is easily doable.

That's right chuck, it's going up finally.

·
Registered
575 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I need to get this lift asap. I just got bilstein hds for the front, all four end links, and mud flaps. I'm getting antsy and probably won't wait for a group buy anyway, but I think I'll give'em a call anyway.

·
Registered
1,048 Posts
I'd definatly go in on it. I should get the oh so anticipated tax return back in a week or so, and that is exactly what I plan to do with it...lift my truck up enough to clear the tires I'll get by summer (and before inspection). 515 sounds great, or anything right around there. Deathbynosleep - was it from one of those "ebay stores" that sells things regularly? Or was it one of those "got lucky once deals"? That's a decent chunk of change to save there...about 50 or 60 bucks.

·
Banned
2004 gmc
26,181 Posts
I asked 'em when the kit first came out, IIRC. They seem to have great relationships with their local dealers, and have a policy to not undercut them with factory-direct sales. But I may be misremembering who said no. It might have been some other vendor. I'm always looking out for you guys. The more people with lifts the more outrageous the places I can see you get stuck! :D

·
Registered
3,219 Posts
515 sounds great, or anything right around there. Deathbynosleep - was it from one of those "ebay stores" that sells things regularly? Or was it one of those "got lucky once deals"? That's a decent chunk of change to save there...about 50 or 60 bucks.
Yeah i got it from an ebay store called auto everything. The guys user name is greatlakes7617. The basic set was 413 w/ free shipping. I upgraded to the gas shocks for like 120 bucks more. He said he has more available.

·
Registered
2006 chevy trailblazer_ls
1,268 Posts
it's a good idea. I actually just ordered one off of ebay for around 530 with gas shocks and boots. So i would think 515 is easily doable.

That's right chuck, it's going up finally.
Kewl...if you need a hand, lemme know....

·
Registered
2002 chevy trailblazer_ltz
103 Posts
I would be interested in the group buy. I just found the BDS lift for the TB yesterday and would love the get the TB off the ground :thumbsup: .

·
Registered
1,048 Posts
I found that same kit, from the same vendor, and questioned them about the upgraded shock option, the gas shocks. They said if you add another 123 to the shipping, you can get the upgrade. That' puts it right at 536, which saves like 50 bucks. That's a tank of gas, which isn't bad.

·
Banned
2004 gmc
26,181 Posts
... if you add another 123 to the shipping, you can get the upgrade.
Ebay vendors who inflate the shipping charge to cheat Ebay out of some of their fees push my ethics button. I'm old-fashioned about some things, I admit. YMMV. But the upgraded shocks weren't actually listed on the Ebay auction so maybe it's OK. I just hate seeing auctions for DVD-R blank media for like $1 for 100 DVD-Rs, and $17.95 shipping. Yeah, right.

·
Registered
3,219 Posts
Ebay vendors who inflate the shipping charge to cheat Ebay out of some of their fees push my ethics button. I'm old-fashioned about some things, I admit. YMMV. But the upgraded shocks weren't actually listed on the Ebay auction so maybe it's OK. I just hate seeing auctions for DVD-R blank media for like $1 for 100 DVD-Rs, and $17.95 shipping. Yeah, right.
I actually got mine off that vendor on ebay. He said adding 130 bucks to the shipping was just the easiest way to add on the price difference...Good dealer though.

·
Registered
1,048 Posts
yeah...it's normally free shipping, so ebay get's all of the money they normally would anyway. I just figured it is a normal vendor for BDS, who also happens to have an ebay "store". I'm not for these guys that jack shipping way up to cover what it really costs to sell the item itself...pisses me right off. Although I'm only 20, I'm a little "old fashioned" about a lot of things too. Not always about price, buyer/seller loyalty means a lot in a market now strewn with coporate franchises who have to do everything by the book, and will do their best to undercut competition, and make a proft at the same time...makes me sick. Now that that rant is over with...hahaha, I don't mind paying the extra for the gas shocks, I'm convinced their worth it. and, at 536 total isn't bad at all for it.

·
Registered
575 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I'm glad to hear some of you guys bought from this vendor. I was a little hesitant of buying from them because of the low feedback.

Did any of you who bought this recieve the kit yet?

I might just order this from them now. Its a pretty good deal.

·
Registered
3,219 Posts
I'm glad to hear some of you guys bought from this vendor. I was a little hesitant of buying from them because of the low feedback.

yeah i got mine last week. He is pretty quick with his responses too, so if you need to ask him any questions...

·
Registered
1,048 Posts

I haven't ordered mine yet, but when I do, I'll let ya know how the transaction goes.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts