Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2005 chevy trailblazer_lt_ext
423 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im gona use the best of both worlds.

for the front, i will use the bds 2" lift, along with marks .5" spacer.

(YES you can order just the front half kit!!!! here is the part number for the strut mount, bushing and all hardware ....... BDS #121201 price should be $206.58 USD).

In the rear i will use marks spacers, and fab my own spring retainer. i will also be using 9 way adjustable rancho xl hd shocks!!

more info to come!!

·
Banned
2004 gmc
26,181 Posts
YES you can order just the front half kit!!!!
Ahhhh, you beat me to the announcement. I've been discussing with BDS the many users of Z71 springs who didn't want additional rear spacer lift, and now they have a front-only kit.

For functional offroading where you don't want the risk of tearing the OEM rubber mounts, their design is HIGHLY recommended.

·
Registered
423 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
exactly! :thumbsup: the rubber mounts are the main reason i didnt just go with the full 2.5" markmc kit.

after having many long winded talks with alekg, hounding you and JD :hail: :hail: :hail:. i came to the conclusion. to build something that could withstand the regular, long term abuse it would require me to use the upgraded rubber mounts only available in the bds kit. and that if i stayed with the oe rubber, i would end up ripping it apart.
i was also planning on replacing the struts mounts anyways when the new shocks came in. so that was another key factor in my decision.
and it has roadies seal of approval :woot:

now its just a matter of time before it is all put on :crazy:. im hoping ill get my new rear springs by next tuesday.......and the rest of the kit put on by the end of that week........so fingers crossed for now :yes:

·
Registered
2005 chevy trailblazer_ls
916 Posts
This is good to know for the future. My offroad adventures are mostly in sand dunes right now, so I don't think I'm stressing the rubber mounts too much. When I get the TB back to the US (propably Oregon), I'll be doing a lot more rigorous trails. I will probably get the BDS 1/2 kit, Lift Meister front spacer and z71 springs in a couple of years.

·
Registered
2006 chevy trailblazer_ls
163 Posts
Ok wel i was thinkin about getting the markmc lift. and i will be doing a decent bit of offroading. so do i need to get the fornt bds to save these rubber pieces yall are talkin about?

·
Registered
2003 chevy trailblazer_ls
1,031 Posts
I originally contacted BDS about the front kit only and it was an all or none offer. Figures that they would offer this after my lift was done. But I still may go the Rough Country route in the future because it is still a cost savings over BDS, again another that wasn't available at lift time. Congratulations on your find and good luck! Remember to post pictures after you are done!

·
Registered
423 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
does the rough country stuff come with a life time warranty like BDS?

im not familiar with the rough country products. which is another reason i went with bds. tons of guys use their stuff with no problems.

although it is nice to see the market is growing.

·
Registered
423 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
UPDATE

As of right now I have the Bilstein HD shocks and BDS 2" lift up front. And poly urathane swaybar bushings.

in the rear, Avalanche z71 springs and shocks.

with lift:

Front left and right - 36"
Rear left and right - 35"

So as you can see, even those with an ext can get a bit of a lift from the avalanche springs. this is something i was worried about. But i still need to get another 2" of lift in the back to level things out again.

I recently picked up a set of 2" lift spacers for the rear from AlekG, custom made out of poly urathane. its an interesting design. I guess ill try it for now.
wierd piece of info, the smaxx kit alek also had that is sold as a 2" lift isnt 2". its a bit shorter. this was the reason alek got these custom ones. because they are a true 2" lift.
who knows, maybe it will be good :undecided after all none can say something is a terrible product unless they have actually used it. so ill be the guinea pig this time hahahaha.

After talking more with Alekg, i think I may get a set of the SKyjacker 2.5" lift springs for the suburban 1500 like he has. he said he got around 3" of lift. So I am guessing Ill get somewhere around 2.5- 2 3/4 " of rear lift. I wanna do this mainly because i dont want to use spacers on springs where I dont have to. And until Alek I didnt know we could get lift springs for under 4" and i just dont want to go that high right now. these springs would get me right where i want to be.
I also plan on getting rid of the avlanche shocks, and throwing on a set of the rancho xl9000 adjustable series shocks. Again, another product I dont know of anyone running on these trucks.
2 main reason i like these shocks are because they are waaayyy beefier then even the avalanche ones. and are 9 way adjustable. I love the ability to adjust the shocks :thumbsup:

Still waiting on the new wheels and tires. I got 5 of the last 7 flat black "Marin" wheels from american racing :woot:. and 5 goodyear MT/R kevlar tires for that extra piece of mind! :hail:

thats it for now......i'll keep the post going as the mods go on.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.