Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2006 chevy trailblazer_ls
163 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can you use the z71 springs with these lifts? If not why would you want the z71 springs instead of the rear parts of these kits? Also I read in another thread something about some rubber pieces upfront that bds would help with, but markmc lift would not. Could someone clarify on that aswell please. Sorry if its been asked. I have looked did not find the answer I wanted. Thank you in advance. (MuDLight)

·
Registered
2002 chevy trailblazer_lt_ext
326 Posts
Although I have Mark's lift on my TB, I am not sure about the front end stuff. As for the Z71 springs, they help with towing and load capacity. They do not add to the towing capacity of the TB, but help with the sagging in the rear when you do have a load on.

·
Banned
2004 gmc
26,181 Posts
In the front, if you're intending to do hard offroading, the BDS design replaces the factory rubber bushings which are relatively weak, with a better design using polyurethane. Not weak enough to be dangerous for their intended purpose, but they can fail if you add heavier custom bumpers and winches. SuspensionMAXX and Mark's kit re-use the factory mounts, and I'd recommend them for light offroading and (ick) lifts meant for appearance only- LMFAO for short. Oh dear, I think I just coined the new acronym for mall lifts - :rotfl:

In the rear, BDS, Mark, and SuspensionMAXX make spacers that fit on top (or the bottom) of the springs. There is no essential functional difference among all the spacers, which are bulletproof for all intended functions. And yes, you can stack spacers from any source on top of either the stock springs or the stiffer Z71 Tahoe/Avalanche springs. If you do that, you end up with a raked look just like stock, with the rear end higher. That bothers some folks, and doesn't bothers others like me - mostly the aggressive offroaders.

·
Registered
374 Posts
:iagree:

On a more helpful note, with 4wd, the best you can do is buy either the BDS suspension lift and mark's .5" spacers for front and back or just mark's whole kit (depends on whether you want an aftermarket front bumper later on or not) and, when it comes out, mark's 3" body lift. Of course, everything depends on whether you actually plan to offroad the thing or not. Higher isn't always better, and Swampers don't conquer all.

·
Banned
2004 gmc
26,181 Posts
...Higher isn't always better...
That was my (admittedly) hidden agenda for the short answer. To stimulate the discussion about "why?"

Without being able to articulate the MISSION (trails available to you, traction challenge, ground clearance requirements, willingness to accept risk, budget for the mods and recovery gear, etc.) one has for ones truck, prescribing any single solution (lift, tires, armor, tune, gears) is premature.

For instance, if a person is intending difficult offroading, and doesn't have a G80, I'd certainly advise them to add one or swap with a $500 junkyard axle that has one, before they spend $1000 on tires that would end up delivering zero traction a lot of the time.

And since we're in the Offroad forum, I already assumed we wouldn't be talking about a LMFAO (lift meant for appearance only). Was I right?

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Well I do plan on doing a decent amount of trail riding. I dont wanna see a whole lot of mud. I have done all the mud i cant stand in my old blazer. I just tore up a number of times. Young and dumb. Now I dont believe my TB has the G80. How hard is it to put on of that axle in? So I guess in the end yes I do want a very capable Trailblazer so i can blaze some trails!!! I appreciate you alls help. One more thing I plane on being able to drop 2500 bux into it when I get back from this dusty ass country.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.