Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2002 chevy trailblazer_ls
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all, I recently started having problems with what I believe to be coming from the Body Control Module. 1st the Tag lights wouldn't work and I had just replaced both lamps 3 months prior. 2nd the power door lock isn't locking the rear liftgate or flipper glass and I now hear clicking sounds coming form the BCM. My question is, Can any BCM from years 02-06 work in my 02 TB LS? OR do I have to get one that has the same part #?
I have attached a pic of my BCM.

Attachments

·
Registered
2004 gmc envoy_slt
2,114 Posts
This is probably not a BCM problem, it is more likely a broken wire in the harness that passes between the liftgate and the body. There is a rubber boot at the left top of the liftgate, pull it back to expose the harness. You may have to pull on the wires to see if any are broken. The insulation may look intact but the wire could be broken.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi all, I recently started having problems with what I believe to be coming from the Body Control Module. 1st the Tag lights wouldn't work and I had just replaced both lamps 3 months prior. 2nd the power door lock isn't locking the rear liftgate or flipper glass and I now hear clicking sounds coming form the BCM. My question is, Can any BCM from years 02-06 work in my 02 TB LS? OR do I have to get one that has the same part #?
I have attached a pic of my BCM.
[/QU
This is probably not a BCM problem, it is more likely a broken wire in the harness that passes between the liftgate and the body. There is a rubber boot at the left top of the liftgate, pull it back to expose the harness. You may have to pull on the wires to see if any are broken. The insulation may look intact but the wire could be broken.
Thanks, I will do that in the morning!

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks, I will do that in the morning!
Hooray, it worked!
Now does the fore mentioned BCM have whatever is needed to operate a key fob/keyless entry? I don't think my TB came from factory with keyless entry. I was wondering if I replaced something that housed the keyless entry components I could program a key fob.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts