Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2006 chevy trailblazer_ls
705 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone going to the annual airshow this year? I love this show and this will the 4th year in a row I've gone. I'm impressed every year how a smaller airshow can consistently pull in some of the big names in airshows on the 4th of july weekend. The show is at noon friday-sunday july 3,4,5. I usually go Sunday, cause some of the performers won't perform 3 consectutive days, so sometimes you miss a few on saturday. Here's the list of this years performers.

US Air Force Thunderbirds (always great, USAF F-16 Fighting Falcons)
Mohr Barnstorming (1943 Stearman PT-17, little piece of history)
Dan Buchanon's Flying Colors (hang glider, new to BC this year)
Aerostars Formation Aerobatic Team (3 ship YAK 52 TW)
Stuntworks Airshows (Wingwalker and air-to-air transfer)
Manfred Radius (glider, also new to BC this year)
Aeroshell Aerobatic Team (4 ship T-6 Texan Team)
Tora 101 (Japanese A6M Zero, new to BC, looking forward to this one)
Kent Shockley (Shockwave, 36000HP Peterbilt, you need to see this, badass)
The Hoppers (4 ship L-39 Albatross)
Otto The Helicopter (silly but the kids like it, also used in the air-to-air)
Phil Dacy (Dehavilland Super Chipmunk)
F-15 Strike Eagle Demo Team (very cool very loud)
F-18F Super Hornet Demo Team (awesome, might even be louder)

Also, its not on their site, but usually if the F15 is there, they will do a heritage flight with the F-15 Strike Eagle flying in close formation behind a P51 Mustang. That is absolutely incredible to see. Its very hard after watching this show finishing with the Thunderbirds not to feel very proud to be American, so I hope some of you can make it out.
www.bcballoons.com

·
Registered
2002 chevy trailblazer_ls
2,461 Posts
Wow, that does sound like a decent show. Sorry, but I will be up in Traverse City (the wifes grandma has a place on lake Leelanau :woot:). We get to see the Blue Angels up there every other year anyway during the cherry fest. Have fun :thumbsup:

·
Registered
2006 chevy trailblazer_ls
705 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah the Traverse City airshow is the same weekend. I check Air Combat Command and it appears thats why Battle Creek is not showing a Heritage Flight this year, Traverse City got it. They will have the P-51 mustang with a A-10 Thunderbolt

·
Registered
2002 chevy trailblazer_ls
2,461 Posts
Yeah the Traverse City airshow is the same weekend. I check Air Combat Command and it appears thats why Battle Creek is not showing a Heritage Flight this year, Traverse City got it. They will have the P-51 mustang with a A-10 Thunderbolt
The P-51 and A-10 is all over the place, I saw them at the Bay City air show before too. Those two need to try and mix it up a bit, always the same ol thing everytime I see them.

·
Registered
2008 chevy trailblazer_lt
81 Posts
We never go out there anymore because I can see everything from my back yard. I live pretty close to the airport so we see the balloons, the air show, and fireworks right from the back yard.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts