Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2005 chevy trailblazer_lt_ext
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had to take a video of this because its unbelievable.

Today, I shut my trailblazer off and before I removed the key, it locked me in. (only after unlocking the truck when placed in park)

Then the red battery light came on with the key off.

I also noticed the gear shift indicator illumined and the underline for 3rd gear flashing!

This condition was replicable. One time the indicator and battery light flashed (see second video)

I replaced the ignition switch in Oct 2011.

In Oct 2010 blew the big fuse 100+amp bolt-on fuse that controls all non-mechanical electronics. Nothing electronic worked when blown, just the speedometer.

It does have an aftermarket alarm and starter.

Time for my second ignition switch?

Major electrical or PCM/ BCM issues?

Thoughts?

-Thanks,
Rob

·
Registered
2009 chevy
263 Posts
Speefk,

I'm sorry you are having this problem, have you taken your vehicle into the dealer to have this diagnosed yet?

Evan, GM Customer Service

·
Registered
2005 chevy trailblazer_lt_ext
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Speefk,

I'm sorry you are having this problem, have you taken your vehicle into the dealer to have this diagnosed yet?

Evan, GM Customer Service
Not yet, I figure its one of those problems that is best to take it in while it happening. Of course, its not happening, but I am waiting to have it happen again.

·
Registered
2002 chevy trailblazer_ls
257 Posts
Possible the aftermarket parts are causing it. Could be as simple as a bad ground or loose wire, or something much more involved. But if it came to it, I would take it to a reputable shop before taking it to the "STEALERSHIP". They have ridiculous rates for even looking at it and not solving the problem. Many great certified shops out there that have fair pricing.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts