Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
2006 chevy trailblazer_ls
4,009 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just in time for the New Year's Eve party that it seems noone is coming to :(

Still need to hang signs in the bar area, but we're having a bar built and I am waiting to see where that falls before I hang signs back there :yes:

Total of 4 1/2 years of work (on and off of course), several chiropractor adjustments, and one trip to the emergency room, but I am really happy with the outcome. The floor is a little off due to a water issue after it was installed, but it still looks good. As I said before, with the exception of the ceiling and the electric, my wife and I did all the work ourselves.

Total cost (including ceiling and electrical) was $14,970 according to my receipts. The contractor that did the ceiling said we probably saved about $20,000 by doing the framing, drywall, and floor ourselves.

Come on over! LOL

Chris

·
Registered
2004 chevy trailblazer_lt
2,082 Posts
Looks great. I like the color. We were giong to buy a new house next year but now it looks like we will stay here for a little bit longer so were thinking of finishing our basement.

·
Registered
4,009 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Looks great. I like the color. We were giong to buy a new house next year but now it looks like we will stay here for a little bit longer so were thinking of finishing our basement.
Thanks. The color is called "crocodile tears" and has a combination of green and yellow in it. It was a p.i.t.a. to get it to roll well. If you need a cost reference, our basement is 920 square feet.

Looks really good, great job:thumbsup:
Thanks. You can see spots here and there that let you know it was not professionally done, but having a contractor do the ceiling really made it look good :yes:

Chris

·
Registered
2004 gmc envoy_slt_xl
1,356 Posts
WOW .. :thumbsup: My sife wants to redo our .. i better not show here how good yours looks .. lol But great Job

·
Registered
4,009 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
That looks great!... too bad you don't live closer... :sadcry:
Aw, come on! You could leave now and be here before we ring in the New Year! :laugh:. No realy, I have driven to Atlanta in 12 hours.

WOW .. :thumbsup: My sife wants to redo our .. i better not show here how good yours looks .. lol But great Job
LOL, thanks :)

Chris

·
Registered
2003 chevy trailblazer_lt
6,568 Posts
i can bring a party to ur place for new years.. u mite have to redo the basement again by the time we leave tho...:undecided

·
Registered
2002 chevy trailblazer_ls
522 Posts
you have a revenge from mars pinball machine those are awsome.....my nieghbor has 6 or so pinballs that one is one of them but i prefer family guy pinball he also has like 20 or so stand up machines i love old school arcades and pinballs with no furniture in the main level of his has and its all arcade signs carpet and a bar ill see if i can get some pics of it....what condition is your revenge from mars in? congrats on your basement tho it looks awsome.

·
Registered
4,009 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
you have a revenge from mars pinball machine those are awsome.....my nieghbor has 6 or so pinballs that one is one of them but i prefer family guy pinball he also has like 20 or so stand up machines i love old school arcades and pinballs with no furniture in the main level of his has and its all arcade signs carpet and a bar ill see if i can get some pics of it....what condition is your revenge from mars in? congrats on your basement tho it looks awsome.
Nice! I would love to get Family Guy, but they are super expensive. My Revenge From Mars is pretty nice actually. My friend bought it new and had it in his home only. It has never seen a bar or arcade ever. I also have the conversion kit to make it into the Star Wars Episode 1 machine if I feel like it. Like 2 machines in one :yes:

I would also like to get more arcade machines. Old school ones like I used to have - Dragons Lair, Space Ace, Robotron, Roadblasters, Space Duel, Ms. Pac Man....stuff like that :)

i can bring a party to ur place for new years.. u mite have to redo the basement again by the time we leave tho...:undecided
LOL. Maybe I should rethink my blanket "come on over" statement :dielaugh:

Good job. That looks great. And you don't need a lot of people for a party.
Thanks, and that's a good point :yes: We'll probably have like 10 people all together. We shall see :)

Chris

·
Registered
2002 chevy trailblazer_ls
522 Posts
Nice! I would love to get Family Guy, but they are super expensive. My Revenge From Mars is pretty nice actually. My friend bought it new and had it in his home only. It has never seen a bar or arcade ever. I also have the conversion kit to make it into the Star Wars Episode 1 machine if I feel like it. Like 2 machines in one :yes:

I would also like to get more arcade machines. Old school ones like I used to have - Dragons Lair, Space Ace, Robotron, Roadblasters, Space Duel, Ms. Pac Man....stuff like that :)
ya ill see if i can grab some pics of his setup and post them up on here and if you want more arcades there is an auction that my friend goes to in baltimore all the time he picked revenge from mars up for like 500 or so and all it needed was some new lights and hes thinking of doing the star wars one to. ya he bought family guy brand new and it was like 4300. this is the game you need tho it is so much fun when you have been drinking and its still hard when your sober but fun http://www.arcadeflyers.com/?page=thumbs&db=arcadedb&id=133 this is the older version my friend picked the i think 2000 something version up at the auction for 200

·
Registered
2002 gmc envoy_slt
223 Posts
The 'Man Cave' is awesome! Super job! If I lived closer I'd be there!...lol...Really does look sweet though...post pics once you get the bar built...that'll set it off....oh yeah, the old cash register is sweet too!

·
Southeast Chapter
2004 buick rainier
5,864 Posts
wow that looks great; my father and i tried to finish our basement a couple years ago and it did not turn out anything like that; we just put up some dry wall and put in a hanging celling (which i know have a huge respect for all those hanging celings in commercial buildings)

Tell us again Chris, how far do you live from Carlisle?:undecided
:grouphug:

:D:D:D:D
haha i was thinking the same thing Sam:dielaugh:

1 - 20 of 42 Posts