Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Banned
2004 gmc envoy_slt_xuv
447 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ahhh ...listen to Yang Yi and behold the future of good ol American design and manufacturing...yes thats right folks its the "Sichuan Tengzhong " Hummer"!!

Anybody think maybe its not such a goodi dea that the Chinese Military will have its employees based in the assembly facility attached to the AM General Humvee plant in Mishawaka IN?

General Motors has confirmed that it's in advance talks with Sichuan Tengzhong Heavy Industrial Machinery Co., Ltd. for the Chinese manufacturer to acquire the Detroit automaker's Hummer brand.

Privately held Tengzhong is a "major industrial machinery company". (IMHO Code name for Chinese Military operated state enterprise)

"The Hummer brand is synonymous with adventure, freedom and exhilaration, and we plan to continue that heritage by investing in the business, allowing Hummer to innovate and grow in exciting new ways under the leadership and continuity of its current management team," Yang Yi, CEO of Tengzhong, said in a statement.

Maybe the Sichuan Tengzhong Heavy Industrial Machinery Company can buy the rights to the 360/370 and put them back into production!!:eek:

·
Registered
2006 chevy trailblazer_ls
4,009 Posts
From what I read yesterday, they will buy the brand, the Hummer plants will stay open, and people in the plants will still be employed. Now, I won't buy a Hummer because of this, but it better than the alternatives I guess.

Or maybe not.

Chris

·
Premium Member
2007 chevy trailblazer_ls
1,422 Posts
:iagree: It is better than the alternative I guess. But is it any worse than all the money the government has "borrowed" from them?

·
Banned
2004 gmc envoy_slt_xuv
447 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
:iagree: It is better than the alternative I guess. But is it any worse than all the money the government has "borrowed" from them?
I agree with that, and the Chinese own all our mortgages to boot

·
Registered
2002 gmc envoy_slt
286 Posts
and if you refuse to buy Chinese products then you better stay out of every Department store around you..... well ok all stores around you.
Grocery stores are still ok as long as you stick to the food only aisles.

Wherever you are sitting the chances are that 99% of the things in arms reach say made in China on them.

Oh and most cellphones are Made in China, take the battery off and read it.
Even the iphone is

·
Registered
163 Posts
I will still buy HUMMERs even if they are owned by China (they are supposed to still be based in America anyway) if they still look like and are made like HUMMERs!
I want a HX/H4!!!!

·
Registered
163 Posts
I dont have one... my parents do though, but I would like to buy my own sometime

But I think HUMMER is better off without GM at this point... GM pretty much killed the brand :hopeless It could have been succesful if they had actually advertised the capabilities of their trucks! (and made the H4 :D )

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.