Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2004 envoy I was having a issue when I brake moderately hard there's a pop or thud sound from I think feels like the front right and jolts the wheel and the steering gets loose and sloppy like and truck will pull to the left. I had sum play in front so I replaced the inner and outer tie rods check ball joints everything is tight and good but I have power steering leaking out the boot of the rack and Pinon can a bad rack be the problem I'm having with the steering when I brake hard?

·
Premium Member
'05 Chevy TB EXT
5,156 Posts
I have a 2004 envoy I was having a issue when I brake moderately hard there's a pop or thud sound from I think feels like the front right and jolts the wheel and the steering gets loose and sloppy like and truck will pull to the left.

I had sum play in front so I replaced the inner and outer tie rods check ball joints everything is tight and good but I have power steering leaking out the boot of the rack and Pinon can a bad rack be the problem I'm having with the steering when I brake hard?
Check for missing upper control arm bolts.

·
Registered
2007 chevy trailblazer_ls
61 Posts
Check the suspension arm bushings and make sure those three bolts that hold the suspension to the cradle are tight.
Try a can of stop leak for power steering before replacing the rack, it's a PITA to change.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts