Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
02 TB

Last year or so (yeah yeah I know) my keyless entry stops working all of the sudden, worked to drive to the store and stopped working when I came out. I thought the battery in the remote was dead so I changed it and still nothing. I didn't notice the tailgate was also broken until the next day. As the ignition was swapped out before I got the truck the key did not work in the door so I just took all valuables out and left it unlocked everywhere. Now I live in a city and I kinda wanna lock the doors again.

The license plate lights work and are bright but everything else is dead. Locks, remotes, radio after key off, dome lights and the wiper/washer. I read a ton of these posts and I'm hearing the general consensus is that if the license plate light works it's usually the LGM and if the lights are also dead then it's the wires. How do I go about checking the wires I do not have a continuity tester. Not sure how a broken wire would feel. Junkyard wants $10 for a new LGM and a used one would not require programming right? I just re-learn it to my old remotes?

Thank you!!

·
Registered
2005 gmc trailblazer_ls
156 Posts
Open the liftgate. Remove the rubber boot on the top covering the wires and inspect them very closely for broken or shorted wires and installation.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

1 - 2 of 2 Posts