Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
2002 chevy trailblazer_lt
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I have tried just about everything with my 02 TB...it idles rough..very rough...I have replaced the spark plugs, cam sensor, actuator, fuel filter, front O2 sensor and throughly cleaned the throttle body. Yep, it still runs rough. When I disconnected the battery to do one of the hundred things I have done to try to fix my car, the service 4WD light came on and has stayed on. Occasionally, (very rarely) I turn the key and it doesn't start but then the next try, it will start.
My TB has 120,000 miles on it...I am just tired of replacing parts and nothing changing....the rough idle is really getting on my nerves!! I have read that these cars has a lot of ignition switch problems and I've read that there are many symptoms of a bad switch...but would it effect the idle???
Thanks for any advice!!!

·
Banned
2004 gmc
26,181 Posts
Not certain it would kill the idle. I've heard a bad head could do it - check compression. Bad coil pack? Swap a new one into each position in turn.

But if it ever fails to crank, it's a quick and cheap replacement, so I'd just do it.

You might also post next time in the right forum not in "Latest GM News A section for industry news, recalls & technical service bulletins."

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yeah, sorry I tried to move it, but can't figure that out...I was reading the latest GM news and clicked on New Thread to ask my question...I love this forum but I have trouble figuring things out about it, like how to delete a post, move the thread, etc....

·
Registered
2009 chevy
6,431 Posts
Yeah, sorry I tried to move it, but can't figure that out...I was reading the latest GM news and clicked on New Thread to ask my question...I love this forum but I have trouble figuring things out about it, like how to delete a post, move the thread, etc....
Unfortunitly, we mortals can not do any of those things.

We post in error and hope the Man On Duty does not notice

·
Registered
2003 chevy trailblazer_ls
1,708 Posts
As a mod with training wheels still, I don't have sufficient power either to fix this thread. A super-mod should be along any time. They keep me on a short leash. I wonder why. :rolleyes:
Do they speak with fear in there voice?????? :crackup:
Sorry,,,,,,,,,

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I was pretty sure I was too "common" to fix my post! :laugh:

Thanks for the advice....I've run a lot of fuel injector cleaner in the darn thing, hoping that would help...I told the guy at Autozone that I'm convinced my problem was that I had just paid it off...isn't that how it always works?!

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Gosh, if that fixed it, you're lucky! I have been dealing with this for a long time! Whatever it is isn't causing the service engine light to come on, I wish it would! I really thought the o2 sensor would help....the only thing it helped was my gas mileage....

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Yeah, I talked to my local Chevy dealer...they charge $35 for a diagnostic, I think I might do that...I've put so many parts into it at this point, another $35 will not kill me.

·
Banned
2003 gmc envoy_slt
7,190 Posts
$35 is pretty cheap compared to the cost of throwing parts at it. Around here it is usually $100 just to put it on the machine.:m2:

·
Registered
2006 chevy
215 Posts
My truck started idling rough and then died, turns out it was the ignition switch. It was a bit more obvious mine was the ingition switch though, all the lights on the dash started doing the test pattern, etc.

All of these symptoms pointing directly at the ignition switch didn't stop the stealer from charging me $200 in diagnosis time and parts before they replaced the part before replacing the part I asked them to when I arrived...

·
Registered
2003 chevy trailblazer_lt
209 Posts
A crankshaft position sensor or camshaft position sensor will also do the same thing. I forget which one. Google them. It will keep the car from starting as well as make the car idle and drive erratically. They are susceptible to heat and oil.

Sorry thread revival from 09...lol

1 - 20 of 25 Posts