Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2005 chevy trailblazer_lt_ext
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've got my camera mounted at the top of my license plate and ran the cable through the license plate light socket. The problem I've ran into is I ran my cable up the hatch and wanted to run it through the rubber wire conduit that the rear window washer wiring runs through at the top of the hatch and the video rca connector won't fit through the conduit. Anyone have any suggestions?

·
Registered
2005 gmc envoy_slt_xl
24 Posts
I might be a little late posting this but hopefully you already figured it out.

I took a piece of tie wire and ran that through the grommet. I then used electrical tape and taped the rca connector to the wire and pulled it through. Be sure to lube the grommet with some sort of lube. It's a tight fit but it will go.

Another way you could do it is by cutting the rca cable. They sell rca connectors where you can make your own rca cable. They have them where you can solder the wire to the connector or they have solderless ones. I've used them for home audio/video and they seem to work great. If worse comes to worse you could always cut it and then splice back together. I'd only use that as a last resort.

RCA Plug.jpg

·
Registered
2005 chevy trailblazer_lt_ext
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks

This thank you is way overdue, but thought I would throw it out there anyway. I ended up pulling the video and power cables through the rubber wire conduit where the top of the hatch connects to roof by taping the connectors to a wire snake with electrical tape and also covering them in lubricant...made it a piece of cake!

Thanks again for your help!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts