Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner

1 - 20 of 64 Posts

·
Registered
2005 chevy trailblazer_ls_ext
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I purchased a pair of license plate bulbs from vleds. Im very happy with their performance ( very bright white light) and only cost me $12 shipped. Got them bout 4 days after ordered. I've decided to replace my backup lights with vleds bulbs as well so when I use my key fob the lights will light up brighter behind the vehicle. Are these just a plug and play or is there more to them. I have heard that TB's are tempermental with the lights and I know turn signals need the flashers upgraded so they dont flash super fast with leds.

·
Registered
2006 chevy trailblazer_lt_ext
1,357 Posts
Those should be simply plug & play... I've got LEDs in for my reverse lights and they do make a difference, but they aren't as bright as I want - time to get another set perhaps? :undecided

·
Banned
2005 chevy
6,469 Posts
Yep, plug and play. No load resistors needed, since they don't flash. I posted my setup on a couple other member's threads about reverse lights. I got these from Mike @ Jetttstream. You can also get them from autolumination.com (about 1/3 down the page) for under $30. :thumbsup:

·
Banned
2005 chevy
6,469 Posts
Are your license plate bulbs as bright as mine? :raspberry
:laugh: Probably not. I had some pretty good 5 LED LP bulbs in from V-LEDs, but one died on me, so I got some cheap 4 LED bulbs cuz the stockers made me sick to look at. :cry:

I've heard Afterburners from Jetttstream are the best reverse lights, but $50 is to pricey for me.

I just ordered these

18 LEDs should be plenty bright. If I knew then, what I know now, I may have shopped around a little more, since you can always find good deals if you dig long enough. But I am more than happy with my 40 LED reverse lights. :thumbsup: :cool:

·
Banned
2006 chevy
1,659 Posts
18 LEDs should be plenty bright. If I knew then, what I know now, I may have shopped around a little more, since you can always find good deals if you dig long enough. But I am more than happy with my 40 LED reverse lights. :thumbsup: :cool:
:iagree:

Another good deal if you want a little brighter :yes:

·
Registered
1,357 Posts
Hey Blazin, are those T20 turn LEDs gonna require any special wiring or are they just plug & play?? You guys have me thinking (and my credit card a screaming) now... :undecided

This summer should be fun... ;)

·
Banned
2003 chevy trailblazer_lt_ext
238 Posts
Are your license plate bulbs as bright as mine? :raspberry

These are the ones I've got, not bad for $3 :cool:

I've heard Afterburners from Jetttstream are the best reverse lights, but $50 is to pricey for me.

I just ordered these

I just ordered a set seeing how bright yours are :thumbsup: Let me know how bright the reverse lights are when you get em!

·
Registered
1,357 Posts
And not to hi-jack the thread, but am I correct in understanding that for the signal light, a 3157 LED is simply plug & play for it to work??

I know that for the brake lights you need to grab the 3157 SCK(sp?) bulb, but I'm talking about just the signal bulb...

·
Banned
2006 chevy
1,659 Posts
And not to hi-jack the thread, but am I correct in understanding that for the signal light, a 3157 LED is simply plug & play for it to work??

I know that for the brake lights you need to grab the 3157 SCK(sp?) bulb, but I'm talking about just the signal bulb...
IDK if you need the special bulb for the signals, but you will need red LEDs and load resistors or the LED blinker module. I'm using these in my reverse lights.

·
Registered
2003 chevy trailblazer_ls
264 Posts
Yep, plug and play. No load resistors needed, since they don't flash. I posted my setup on a couple other member's threads about reverse lights. I got these from Mike @ Jetttstream. You can also get them from autolumination.com (about 1/3 down the page) for under $30. :thumbsup:

http://i218.photobucket.com/albums/cc260/blckshdw/Trailblazer/100_0180.jpg
http://i218.photobucket.com/albums/cc260/blckshdw/Trailblazer/100_0181.jpg
http://i218.photobucket.com/albums/cc260/blckshdw/Trailblazer/100_0287.jpg
Maybe its just me but will those fit in the stock TB taillight housing?

They have a 42 LED kit for less then $8 on ebay. At that price I might have to give them a try!

·
Banned
2006 chevy
1,659 Posts
Oh man... now I`m tempted...
I just wonder what their durability will be... :undecided
I've had good luck with LEDs from China/Hong Kong that I got on ebay. I got 1 bad LED out of the 5-10 times I've ordered (all have been ordered in pairs) them and they sent me a replacement pair for 1 bad LED. I didn't even have to return the old one. I'll keep going to ebay for my LEDs :yes:

·
Registered
1,357 Posts
I've had good luck with LEDs from China/Hong Kong that I got on ebay. I got 1 bad LED out of the 5-10 times I've ordered (all have been ordered in pairs) them and they sent me a replacement pair for 1 bad LED. I didn't even have to return the old one. I'll keep going to ebay for my LEDs :yes:
How are those 194`s you bought a while back for the license plate working out for you? Are you happy with them?

·
Registered
2002 gmc envoy_sle
104 Posts
i have an 02 envoy with the reverse lights in the bumper. i have blue 3157 led replacement bulbs installed. they work great and have had absolutely no issues with them. only thins is they arent as bright as white would be. but it matches my blue truck lol. i also have white underglow which is unhooked for the winter

1 - 20 of 64 Posts