Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys, im new to this forum so take it easy on me, That being said, i was wondering if anyone can help me out with my back brakes, i have a 2002 TB LS, i was able to find a post on this site on how to replace the front ones, which looks like i can handle, but im a little scared to do the back ones since i never done the brakes on my TB.:worried:

·
Banned
2004 gmc
26,181 Posts
Welcome!

The fronts have two pistons. I just did mine, and one trick I use is to put a hose in the bleeder and crack it a bit when pushing the pistons back. Then you can catch and discard the old fluid, and not force it back upstream past the ABS valves and seals.

The rears are easier, with just one piston. Same trick applies.

One item to be very, very careful with, as on any disk brakes, is the proper positioning and use of the spring clips. Take pictures if you need to taking them apart, or look at this exploded drawing.

How are your emergency brakes? I also did those and posted pics you can find with a search. They are more difficult to adjust, but the pads don't usually wear out unless you accidentally drive around with 'em on.

Fronts:

Rears:

Ebrakes:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.